Indie - In a world up ahead

"Hey, Felix!" She waves the guy standing there over here. He's kind of cute. He has curly, brown hair

I nudge her, "How do you two know each other?"

"Uh, we're friends. Come on." She stands up.

I slowly stand up, "O-okay? Where-"

"Heyyyy."

"Heyyyy," he bobbles his head. He's so cute. Everything he does seem like he does in slow motion like in one of those k-drama films. He glances at me and then looks back at her with his beautiful smile. He has faint dimples with his tan skin. His skin is so clean and clear! "Who's this?"

I smile at him. He smiles back.

"This is Indiana Yarrow. Isn't her last name so cool?!! Yarrow, yo, I'm Yarrow." Alaska says.

I laugh. "It's not that cool."

"It is, though," he laughs as he messes with his hair. His voice is so calming.

Alaska says, "Awww." She takes a picture of us as I cover my face with my leave. He pulls my hand away from my face.

"You're pretty."

"Thanks."

"Yeah, you look like...omg you look like this girl!" She shows me a picture of a singer with frizzy hair.

I roll my eyes, "Just because I have frizzy hair and freckles doesn't mean I look like them. Look, she has brown eyes!"

She laughs, "No, her!"

"Okay, she just..." Wait, she looks kinda like me.

"Okay, she looks like me, but no one knows her, though."

"Maybe she's your long-lost sister!" Alaska presters her.

"No, she's just someone that looks like me, okay."

We walk down to a huge white house that has a tire swing attached to a tree. "Wow," I say.

"Yeah, I live with my gramma."

"Woah, your house is so nice," I say in awe. I follow him and Alaska in his house.

Alaska runs over to a tall-ish, probably a middle schoolboy, and kisses him, "pay no attention to him, he's my brother.

"Woah, he looks..."

"More like my dad, come on if you want."

I follow him into his room. His room has "Marvel" posters all over his walls and little action figures.

"I'm-"

"It's cute!" I gasp as I hug his "Iron-man" pillow. "Oh my god, this is so cuuuuteee!! It's so squishy and I just wanna hug it. Where did you get it from?"

"I dunno."

I place it back to where I got it from and look around his room some more. His room has posters all over his walls, a desk beside his closet, his dresser's on the same wall as his bed, his nightstand's beside his bed, and his tv's perched up facing us on his bed. " what do you wanna watch while I'm cleaning my room?"

"Uh, I don't know."

His room has posters all over his walls, a desk beside his closet, his dresser's on the same wall as his bed, his nightstand's beside his bed, and his tv's perched up facing us on his bed. I get off. "I need to go home. Hey, tomorrow, you wanna come over?"

"Sure."

"Okay," I smile as I hug him goodbye.

I walk home and Uncle Kimmy hugs me, "How was school?"

"Good." I see his suitcase out on the floor and his crew. "When are you leaving?"

"Tonight, I'll only be gone for a couple of days."

I storm up to my room completely flustered. I never said goodbye when I got the chance to. I'll regret it. I hear the door close. I lock my door, my heart racing. Thu-thump

thu-thump.

Felix - Grace and perfection After school, I wait for Indie at the yellow house. Her yellow house, not Maria's. I open the car door for her.

"Thanks," she says as she hops in.

I Pass the house into a crosswalk. It's warm out and I glaze over at Indie. I must've been looking at her for too long because Alaska points it out. I start my car up again and I turn around the corner to my house. As I pull my car into the garage Donnie asks, "Can you take me boardin'?"

"Sure just--"

"Whoa, you have two chicks in your car!?"

"I--"

"And they're hot as hell!? Wow, lucky ass!"

"Shh! Go away! And you're dating one!" I say opening the car door for the girls. Indie's wearing a bright red crop-top and ripped jeans. She slings her bags over her bare sholder. I escort them inside the kitchen. Alaska sprints into the living room fighting Donnie for the tv remote. I wish I never dated her. She's like a sister to the rest of the family. It's weird but it's cool. She's cool, so I'm cool.

Indie glances at her screen as I say, "You can sit on the couch if you like." I can't control my eyes roaming her whole body. I don't know what to say. I want to say a lot all at once and I'm scared that the words will tumble out all in one big ball. She gracefully walks to Alaska on top of Donnie on the floor trying to get the remote. "You wanna go up to my room?"

"Sure," she murmurs. I lead her up to my room. My room's a mess but I just kick everything underneath my bed. She leans against the door frame.

I look over my shoulder from my bed's view, "You can come in," I quietly laugh.

She comes in, her eyes roaming my room. I'm embarrassed to let her see my room like this. I asked Gramma if Alaska can come over, not...her. She's so beautiful her frizzy hair bouncing with every step she takes, her green eyes sparkling all the time, and her naturally tan skin lightens up by the sun's graceful light. She's an angel in disguise. I understand why she probably doesn't want me, she's way out of my league. She points to a poster that I got in seventh grade because I was the best in the class; that was my first year on T. She reads it, "Let light shine through." She laughs her laugh is small and cute. Like one of those anime girls laughs that never gets annoying.

I say it before I can catch myself, "Your laugh is cute."

"Stop, stop, not it's not," she laughs again. That cute laugh could carry me out of reality into an alternate universe where she has green laser eyes and a halo over her head.

After I'm done kicking everything under my bed, I throw the covers off my bed and lie on it. She slides beside me with no hesitation. My cheeks heat a little and I glance away.