Felix - My Endeavor

Indie's over at my house again. She looks at her shoes as she says, "So...I had a mental breakdown yesterday so..." she drags out the sentence in a sing-song voice with a little bit of a shaky tone to it.

I embrace her. "I would, too. Are you okay?"

"Oh, I'm fine. I-I just need to tell you something but...don't tell anyone. Please."

I look at her playing with her pop socket on her pink phone case.

The following day, I don't see her the same. I can't believe her aunt would do something like that. I wait for her to hop in the car. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, my aunt wasn't home so yay," she awkwardly laughs.

I must confess, " That's good." I remember the conversation we had several weeks ago, "I also have something to tell you, too."

"What is it?"

"I-I'm trans."

She gasps, "Really?! I would have not known."

"That's kinda the point."

"I'm...completely like I dunno, shocked!!"

I laugh. She looks at me, "What?"

"Nothing. I just can't believe that you're trans. What are your pronouns?"

"He, him. I was born a female..."

"...and identity as a male," we say in unison.

"Yeah, I know. My uncle's gay. Can you drive me to Alaska this weekend?"

"Sure, what time?"

"At seven. I'll ask my uncle because he's coming home tomorrow!!" She smiles.

"Good, are you gonna tell him?"

"Yeah, I am! My uncle's coming back so I can tell him about my abusive Aunt. I just can't believe that I have a trans boyfriend!"

Wait, did she-"did you...are we..."

She realizes what she said. "No-"

"It's fine, I like you, too I was planning to ask you out but I didn't know how," I admit.

She hugs me. I can only imagine what she's feeling right now. Truth really is the answer.

"Let's go!" She holds my hand and leads the way to my car. "So, that means you can't get me pregnant if we...make love."

I'm shocked, my jaw drops open. She gently closes it and kisses me. "Wait, so you want to...?"

"Yeah, I don't see why not."

The next day, I tell Alaska. She gasps, "Really?"

"Yeah," Indie says hugging my arm.

"Yeah, same."

"With my brother?"

"Yup. He's better than you."

I laugh, "Oh, re-"

She shakes her head. I look at her lips. I'm just so glad she is with me. "You're so beautiful."

She laughs and looks away. I lift her face up, this time, I kiss her.

At lunch, Charli comes over when we're just talking about her old school and he says, "You stole my girl!"

"I'm not your girl. I'm no one's girl," she says.

"I saw you first!"

"Well, he caught my attention first."

"Well, d-did you know that he's trans!"

"Yes, and I still like him. Trans people are people, too!"

He kisses her! "Hey, I'm dating her!"

"Well, would you-" she slaps him. The whole lunchroom gasped.

"Don't ever, EVER touch me again!!! Leave me alone. Forever."

Woah, she really doesn't mess around.