XXIII. 'BOWIE!'

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE -
bowie!

✧ ೃ༄ ━━ ODETTES mom WAS the one driving them over to the park that was close to her house. miguel and odette were sitting in the backseat with bowie in the middle panting heavily and waggling his real and he traveled from Miguel's lap over to odettes looking out the window.

in the middle of the seat, miguel and odette had their fingers intertwined with each other's every now and then - when the other isn't looking - admiring each other and then looking away with their faces red and smiles on their faces.

"have fun kids." megan called out once the three of them got off the car. miguel grabbed the stuff from the trunk and rounded the car over to odette who was cooing bowie.

"you ready?" miguel asked odette who glanced up at him nodding her head. with one hand on the picnic basket, he wrapped his arm around odettes shoulder as he lead them over to the picnic table that was far from the entrance of the park.

Bowie was tugging himself on the leash making himself chock, "stop chocking yourself bowie." odette said softly to the puppy who stopped walking so fast and instead walking in front of miguel and odette but still curiously looking around and smelling the grass.

"so what are we doing?" Odette asked once they reached the table. the teenage girl was glancing up at the tree that was hovering over the table, a beautiful green tree that had small flowers plastered all over it.

"you look pretty." Miguel said admiring her from top to bottom a drowsy grin plastered on his face. "today we're going to do a picnic and we're going to have a painting competition."

odette nodded her head sitting down on the table but then quickly sat back up helping miguel who was struggling to take out the cloth for the table. odette grabbed the other side of the cloth and helped him set it down once she did that she sat back down watching as Miguel took out everything from the basket.

"what?" miguel asked chuckling nervously as odette kept her eyes on him as he set everything up concentrating, making sure that everything is set up perfectly.

"nothing." odette giggled leaning forward and planting a soft and innocent kiss on his cheek before sitting back down. miguel blushed furiously leaning forward and putting his hand on odettes cheek this time colliding their lips together.

what broke them apart was bowie who started barking at a butterfly that was flying around their table. Bowie was sitting down on the bench besides odette and put his paws up on the table continuing to bark at the butterfly that then placed itself on bowies noise.

"bowie!" odette giggled taking out her phone and capturing a quick picture of her dog that was starstruck at first before growling furiously at the butterfly and barked making it fly away.

after that Miguel and odette started talking about their days, him then going into detail about what his mom made them. Odette payed close attention but was really only paying attention to his voice, it was so soothing for her to hear especially when he spoke Spanish a few time she loved it.

this date was the best thing that could ever happen to odette, besides the part when they first met his Mexico, this is just as special as that. odette and miguel are so drunk in love with each other that they don't care what their fans think of them, they don't care if they approve or not, they don't care if they absolutely hate them and are trying to cancel and break them up. they just don't care they care about each other that's all that matters to them.

at the end of their picnic and their painting competition odette and miguel were walking bowie around the park. miguel had the leash of bowie while odette had the picnic basket swinging it side to side.

"remember the time that mason and i spend an entire week pranking you and the rest." miguel brought up after odette who brought up the time that Miguel slipped on set bumping into the guys making them fall as well causing a big scene on set.

odette stopped laughing and glared up playfully at Miguel who chuckled and kissed her forehead. "yeah, but then Brady and i dumped slime on you guys after that week. best day of my life." it was Miguel's turn to glare down at odette playfully who leaned forward and mocked his previous action but kissed him on his cheek - fairly close to his lips.

they didn't know that their friends were all hiding in between the trees spying on them knowing what miguel was going to do since they were there to witness how Miguel was asking them and freaking out to them a week ago. odette didn't find out because miguel kicked her out of the groupchat and then deleted all of the messages bringing her back inside of the group chat.

they all had their phones out recording everything already and trying not to shout at each other for the little of space they had.

"odette," miguel said nervously. he stopped walking pulling odette with him turning her around to face him. Bowie settled himself in between odette and Miguel laying down since he was tired of walking. "i like you a lot. i have since mexico, since brandon and i pushed you in the lake, since I saw you again for the first time since Mexico on set, since we started shooting together and spending more time together, since and after the premiere, since our first sleepover, since everything. so, that's why im asking you right now if you would be my girlfriend? offically."

odette felt a wide childish smile appear on her face as she stared lovely at the teenage boy in front of her who held a nervous look but a soft grin plastered onto his lips already knowing how odette felt about him but still feeling that tiny spot of fear of rejection by the only girl that has ever made him feel like this.

she doesn't know how long they're going to last, if this is just a teenage romance, if what they're feeling is going to leave but she does know that what she's feeling right now is something true. is something that no would boy or girl can change it for her, is something that resolves around now and not the future.

and with that odette hillson answered miguel cazarez mora answer.

THE END !

the end is highly inspired by
"lovely neighbor" why?
because i felt like it 🤭🤭

okay so pick one

brady x lottie
( will be based off the movie
10 things I hate about you. )

tristian x troian
( based off the movie
the last song. )