00. JULIET AND THE WOLFSBANE POTION

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

September to December 1977

The sudden disappearance of Juliet Potter after the death of her parents took a toll on all of those who knew her.

Nobody can just vanish like that, yet Juliet had done it. No matter how hard they looked for her, they couldn't find her.

But they also couldn't file for a missing person without putting her in danger, because what if she was to be found by Death Eaters? What then? She would die at their hands. They would link her to the prophecy, figure it all out and kill her.

It seemed as though the girl's boyfriend and brother never made it past the bargaining stage of grief. They didn't stop looking. They couldn't.

Juliet was all James had left. She was all Remus ever wanted. They couldn't let go.

So, where the hell is Juliet Potter?

Well, truth is, not that far at all.

Everyone had been considering options such as, perhaps she had been hiding in a cave. Maybe she was in the Shrieking Shack, especially considering no one went there. Maybe she was hiding in Hogwarts. Or maybe she secretly flew out of the country.

Actually, she was in London.

She was in London and hiding amongst Muggles, spying on Death Eaters families she knew lived nearby, including the House of Black.

All had expected Juliet to have run from the danger, and she was right in the heart of it.

The miseries were making her paranoid, she felt as though she was spotted and followed way too often for her liking. Yet, she knew she was safe. Juliet wasn't stupid, she hadn't just been walking around London looking all normal.

She's been making Polyjuice Potion in order to disguise herself everytime she went out to watch her enemies. She was starting to get used to the disgusting taste of the potion she drank daily-- hourly even.

It was extremely lucky and convenient though, that a hair salon was right beside the small place she had rented.

Apart from the constant loneliness and the seeking and the spying, Juliet had found a way to occupy herself. Something that she did to prove her love despite her guilt.

She couldn't stay away for long anyway.

And so, on the night of the third of December 1977, a package was found on the doorstep of the Potter's Mansion.

Dreading the content, the Marauders and Lily simply stared at it, all gathered around the living room table, wondering what it could be and who had left it there.

"What if it's a trap or something?" Peter broke the silence.

"What do you mean?" Lily asked.

"What if it's a portkey?"