10. JULIET AND YET ANOTHER DISAPPEARANCE

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

January 1978

Situation was rather tense at the Potter's Mansion. Truly, it had been the case ever since Juliet Potter left, but it felt worse now.

Regulus could see how devastated they all looked. He caught a glimpse of Remus sitting on his girlfriend's bed, looking out of the window in the middle of the night a few times.

He could tell they wanted to approach him about what he knew, but that they were scared. Sirius wouldn't even spare him a glance. He was suddenly a disgrace. James and Lily were the only ones acting cordially with him, which allowed him to feel somehow welcome.

Juliet said there would always be a place for him in her home, and he couldn't believe he had abandoned her just to enable himself to feel safer. But he needed to be away from that Horcrux. The last thing he wanted was to hurt her, and he needed to be free of any type of mind control the Horcrux had had on him before he could address the situation.

It took a week.

When he found them all minding their own businesses in the living room, he took the opportunity to talk to them about what he knew, and hopefully find out what they knew.

"I believe we have matters that were left unspoken of." He initiated after clearing his throat.

"Oh thank fuck, I couldn't take it anymore!" Peter abruptly stood up, a huge relieved expression on his face before it turned serious. "Are you going to betray us?"

"Peter!" Lily scolded.

"I wouldn't have come to you asking for help if that was my intention."

"Why did you come then?" James asked, all heads turning to him. He was calmly sitting on his father's armchair, his temple being supported by his index and middle finger. "Why do you need our help?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"I mean-" He shook his head, trying hard to form the right words. "I don't know what to do. I'm lost. I don't know how to use what we have to win this war."

"What do we have?" Sirius chuckled bitterly. "We don't have an army, we don't have deadly weapons. We only have ourselves and that makes it just more to lose."

They did have allies. Those allies mainly being Hogwarts Professors and Aurors. The group would occasionally join them to fight when attacks were procuring. All helped as much as they could but all had much to lose.

Regulus looked between the whole lot of them, baffled. He supposed Juliet had ran away to protect her family and friends, to prevent them from stopping her but he thought they knew about the Horcrux.