20. JULIET AND SILENT AGREEMENTS

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

March 1978

Waking up in cold sweat seemed to have become a constant thing in Juliet's life. When was the last time she was able to sleep peacefully?

She was completely unable to escape the reality she was trapped in. The fear she pushed to the back of her mind resurfaced the second she closed her eyes, and took the form of a nightmare.

She would see herself back in that cellar. She would see her loved ones dead. She would die failing to make the world good again.

In the middle of the night, she was encouraging herself not to go insane. She was needed and she couldn't give in to her pain.

Slowly, she raised from the bed, carefully stepping out of her room, and instinctively walking to her brother's.

She froze in front of his door, her hand hesitantly resting on his doorknob, before she sighed and gave in, silently opening the door.

Despite being extremely silent, she had startled a jumpy James who turned on his bedside table lamp and was pointing his wand at her with wide eyes.

"Someone's jumpy." She commented, getting inside while she watched him groan and put his wand away.

"Can you blame me?"

"Were you sleeping? Because I don't remember you having an extraordinary sense of hearing."

James chose not to answer and simply stared as she sat on his bed.

"Can I stay with you tonight?"

"No."

"James, come on." She whined.

"Get out of my room." He grimaced, annoyed.

It felt like déjà-vu.

"Please, I feel like I'll go insane if I stay alone."

He rolled his eyes, turning his back to her silently. She took that as him agreeing and laid in his bed, facing his back.

After a few minutes, she broke the silence again.

"Stop acting like a four year-old and face me, will you?"

"You're the one who's scared of the dark." He taunted.

"I'm not!" She gasped, smacking his shoulder.