21. JULIET AND A RAGING HEART

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

April 1978

Once the group got relocated, alongside Regulus, they were advised to stay put and silent. Which was absolute torture for them, but Minerva McGonagall and Aberforth Dumbledore told them that according to their sources, many Death Eaters were after Juliet.

Hence, they had been silently cohabiting in a two-story house in the middle of nowhere, obeying orders.

They were however restless. After twelve days, the silence and hiding were too much to bear, and James, Juliet and Sirius left for Hogwarts.

The two best friends being Marauders, they were able to sneak in thanks to their map -which Juliet just came to learn about.

Once they had made it to Dumbledore's office, their old Headmaster did not seem too surprised to see them there, contrary to Professor McGonagall who was also present, a few scrolls in hand.

"Potters? Black?" She blinked, flabbergasted.

"Hello, Professor. We've got business to discuss." Juliet stated.

And, of course, the discussion started with the trio getting scolded by the Head of Gryffindor for disobeying Dumbledore's direct orders.

"This is such a reckless move! I should have expected that you three especially would have been unable to stay put and silent! What if someone saw you and reported you? You're in danger, AND you're putting the children in the school in danger!"

"You mean direct danger, because clearly, the world isn't safe anymore, Minerva." Juliet snapped, getting tired of being treated like a child after everything she's been put through.

"We didn't come to waste time getting yelled out, we need to know what you know because we can't just stay in a house in the middle of nowhere and do nothing." James continued.

"What we know?"

In response, Juliet loudly dropped her mother's journal on the table, letting all eyes divert to the book.

"Oh. So you know."

"Why is it that this entire thing has been kept hidden from the rest of us? We're part of the Order of the Phoenix too, Professor." Juliet stared at the white-bearded man, disregarding McGonagall's acknowledgement.

Dumbledore was silent for a few moments, his eyes never leaving the book before he calmly spoke up.

"I suspect the diary does not bring clarity on a few issues. Have you been aware of the battle that opposed Tom Riddle to your parents?"

"They fought him? Like actually, physically fought him?" Sirius raised his eyebrows.

"It was a sudden attack."