44. JULIET AND POPPY POMFREY

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

January 1979

Juliet was lying in bed next to her boyfriend, unable to sleep. It had been a couple of days since her argument with Remus. She still didn't know what she was going to do. Had trouble realising there was a tiny human growing in her.

Well, technically, the baby wasn't formed yet, but that's whatever.

She thought about what Remus had said. About their baby being a werewolf. Could it even happen? Remus became a werewolf. He wasn't born one, so would that really affect their child? Oh God, what if during the full moon the baby goes insane in her belly, what does she do then?

She shook her head, forcing herself to forget those thoughts. It's okay. She'll deal with it somehow. It's not Remus' fault, and it's not the baby's either. She'll teach it not to be ashamed of itself.

"Are you still awake?" She heard Remus ask in a sleepy voice.

"Yeah."

"What's wrong? Do you feel nauseous? Want me to get you pickles?" He raised his head slightly.

Now, the pickles weren't just a pregnancy craving. Ever since she was a kid, Juliet sneaked into the kitchen in the middle of the night to eat pickles.

"No, I'm okay." She shook her head, then paused. "Fuck, now I want pickles." Juliet got up from the bed as Remus chuckled, getting up to accompany her. "Don't tell me you want pickles too?"

"No, I want to know what's causing the insomnia, and I rather ask when you're happy." Her boyfriend gave her a pointed look.

"Are you suggesting I'm only happy when I eat?"

"Precisely."

"Well, can you blame me? What else could possibly make me happy? Have you taken a look at my brothers?"

He laughed quietly as they made it to the kitchen. "Never did blame you. It's fair."

Remus stared silently, letting his pregnant girlfriend eat her pickles in peace. After the third one, she paused before she went to take another and sighed.

"Maybe we should tell the others."

"The girls know."

"Yeah, well, if the girls didn't know, we wouldn't have known either until I'm like, five months along." She retorted, with a hand on her hip.

"Do we know the conception date?" He asked, reaching for a pickle.

"We probably would if we saw a healer. But seeing a healer is too dangerous. What if our baby is the baby from the prophecy? I don't know who we can trust with this." Juliet frowned worriedly.

Remus pursed his lips, pondering. "I know."

His girlfriend gave him a curious look.

~

"You know, last I checked, Dumbledore isn't a healer." Juliet whispered to the werewolf as they passed the gates of Hogwarts.

Thankfully for them, Hagrid and the school staff were aware that they were allowed visits, though they weren't necessarily told the reason. They just knew to let the Potters through.

"It's not Dumbledore we're visiting." He grinned.

Juliet raised an eyebrow curiously and started to impatiently nag at him, only for her whining to be ignored up until she realized they were making their way to the hospital wing of their previous school.

She immediately lit up and skipped to the doors like a child, pushing them open, and with a giggle, she exclaimed, "Poppy!"

Remus laughed, following after his girlfriend as she made her way to the surprised matron.

"What are you two doing here?" She gasped, allowing Juliet to hug her, simultaneously reaching to caress Remus' cheek.

If the countless hours Remus had spent in that area of the school taught anything to his girlfriend, it was that the matron was like a second mother to him. She always scolded Juliet and the boys, but it was merely just so they would leave and let the werewolf rest. They all loved Poppy, Poppy was great.

"Let's say we find ourselves in a sort of predicament." Juliet grinned sheepishly.

"What have you done again?" The matron raised an eyebrow at the girl.

"Me!? Why do you never suspect him?!" She pointed at her boyfriend, gaping. "This is outrageous. It's all his fault!"

"First of all, it's not just my fault." Remus protested but immediately shut up when he saw her glowering at him.

"Well, I'm glad to see you two are still together." Madam Pomfrey smiled. Smile that immediately fell upon Juliet's revelation.

"I'm pregnant."

It was silent for a few seconds before Poppy turned and started to walk to her desk. "I need to sit down."

"I feel you, sister." Juliet muttered, getting nudged by her boyfriend.

"How- Why weren't you two careful? I've explained everything to you! In detail!" She pointed the finger at the both of them, accusingly.

"Huh. You had the classes too?" The werewolf asked the brunette.

Juliet snorted. "Are you kidding? The entirety of the girls' dorm from ages 15 and above got the class."

"That explains the increase in the activity when we were patrolling."

"You know, now that I think about it, you really were lenient with your point reducing."

"Hey, they were just trying to relax, I'm not going to blame them." Remus shrugged.

"Naked!?"

"Hello, I'm still here." Poppy interrupted them, sighing. "Well. What's done is done. Come, dear, let's take a look."

~

Juliet had no idea what Poppy was doing. She had her drank some sort of tea, or maybe it was a potion. For a second, she thought she was back in Trelawney's class. Thankfully, for her, it wasn't the case.

The last thing she needed was for that woman to tell her that her baby would be cursed.

Afterwards, Poppy had pointed her wand at the young woman's belly, which caused it to illuminate slightly.

"Bad news, you're pregnant." Madam Pomfrey said, sarcastically. "Oh, well, your conception date seems to have been mid-November?"

"The light's telling you that?" Juliet raised an eyebrow, staring down at her stomach.

Poppy chuckled and signalled the girl to take a look inside her cup, and there on the beverage, a writing appeared. Actually, it was two dates. 15/11/78 and 09/08/79.

Juliet immediately looked up at Remus, with a mix of confusion, shock, and relief.

"It's not the baby from the prophecy."

* * *

or is it? ;))