82. JULIET AND LOVE YOUR GRIEVANCE

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

(March to) October 1980

Many things happened in the months that followed the approval of Juliet Potter's suggestion to the Ministry. The Werewolf Support Services was back up and going in the Being Divisions, many employees of both the Werewolf Register and the Werewolf Capture Unit were let go of due to their unapproved ethics, and werewolves registered themselves upon hearing all upon the changes in the front page of the Daily Prophet.

Everyone was unbelievably proud of Juliet Potter. She had found a way not to lose money excessively too, the Potion she has created turned out to be such a brilliant discovery that it brought money. The Ministry paid for her services, and rewarded her.

At the end of the day, she felt content when she held Romy in her arms. She told herself she would make the world a better place for her and she was making great changes so far.

As the werewolves were slowly gaining some basic rights, Remus gained hope. A thousand times Juliet had told him of her love, but the way she showed it spoke so much louder. So, anyways, he was going to propose. And he had his family ring all ready, just the nerves pushing him back over and over again.

It was never the right time.

Why, you ask?

Well, first of all, Regulus and James ended up breaking off their relationship peacefully at the beginning of spring, because they felt more friendly or whatever reason they came up with to announce it to their respective siblings.

And well, despite all their hard work, the Order never ended up arresting Barty Crouch Jr, who fled like a coward in the middle of the war as he noticed they were losing. But he was apparently not done with his evil shenanigans per say, as he went on to free some of his friends, alongside whom they murdered the entire family of Marlene McKinnon, except the blonde herself, during the summer. And soon after, Lily's parents were targeted.

The days of grievance never seemed to be over.

Juliet had asked Hope to look after Romy for a few days, because that would be the safest place for her, going after the Death Eaters personally, and arresting them alongside her friends from the Order. Crouch Jr threw a fit, claiming he did it to get the Potter girl's attention, and receiving the hardest slap in response.

"YOU DARE BLAME YOUR DISGUSTING CRIMINAL ACTIONS ON ME!?" She had screamed at him, before people reluctantly took him out of her sight.

Everyone really wanted to see her kick his butt, but he belonged in Azkaban, and the sooner the better.

Juliet made sure to be present for her friends Marlene and Lily, she knew what they were going through and offered them as much support as she could.

Marlene was going through the worst time of her life, her survivor's guilt had just multiplied, and it had everyone worried.

"I'm fine, Cas! Stop asking!" The blonde snapped at her girlfriend who was asking her how she was feeling the second she stepped in the room.

Lily, Marlene, Dorcas, Juliet, Sirius and James were all staying at Sirius' apartment. It didn't have that much room so it was really a big sleepover type of situation. Juliet wished for her boyfriend to tag along, but he preferred to stay back home and take care of Romy in her absence.

"I'm sorry." Dorcas mumbled.

Marlene sighed, obviously feeling guilty for raising her voice, and walked to the balcony to get some air.

"It's okay." Juliet told Dorcas, who was biting on her lip. "I'll talk to her. She didn't mean to yell at you."

"I know. I just wish I could help."

"You being here helps." The brunette reassured before standing up and walking off to join Marlene.

The blonde had her arms crossed against her chest, staring off into the distance. She just looked so depressed, there was not a bit of light in her eyes.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"I know."

"Don't force me then."

"I'm not." Juliet shrugged, calmly responding back.

Marlene paused, glancing at her friend before looking away, repeating that same gesture a few times before she finally spoke up. "What! You think I don't feel bad!? I know I shouldn't have talked to her like that."

Juliet nodded, just staring at her, allowing her to let everything out.

"It's not her fault anyways, she's trying to be so nice, but I'm just-" She cut herself off, pursing her lips. "So angry."

"I know." Her friend whispered.

Marlene looked back at her again, this time with tears in her eyes, before she finally broke down crying, allowing her legs to give out. "God! I'm so dramatic."

Juliet let out a tiny smile, kneeling down in front of her. "You're not being dramatic. You're grieving."

"I ruined everything." Marlene spoke, her voice breaking as she started to bawl.

"It wasn't your fault."

Marlene didn't respond.

"You know that, right?"

"If it wasn't, then why does it feel like it?" She asked in between sobs.

Juliet sighed, looking away from her friend, and into the distance. "It's not your fault you survived."

"People I love keep dying in front of my eyes, Juliet! How can anyone be safe with me around!?" Marlene snapped, staring hopelessly at her friend, who looked back at her with a calmer expression.

"Why do you think you have enough power to be responsible for someone's life?"

The question left the blonde speechless, as she sniffed.

"It doesn't make sense. Why would your mere presence suddenly cause death around you, now that you're twenty? What, do you think you're cursed?"

Marlene slowly shook her head.

"Some things will forever be out of your control. And most people never heal, because they stay in their heads, replaying corrupted scenarios. Let it go. You will hurt a lot, but you will be okay again."

There was no one that could comfort people like Juliet. There was so much honesty in every word she muttered, and it was never harsh enough to cause harm, it only soothed the pain.

Juliet prepared to return back inside, as she noticed Marlene calming down. But she stopped right before she opened the balcony door, to add something, before she left her friend with her own thoughts.

"Your life doesn't have to be over just because theirs are."

* * *

recap:

crouch escaped azkaban, killed the mckinnons (except marlene) & lily's parents. jegulus broke up. juliet is the best like always.