𝗚𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗬

—DAYS PASSED AND IT WAS THE DAY OF THE PUREBLOOD BALL. Cassandra was wearing the dress she had bought with her mother just a few days ago.

Her grandmother, Narcissa, walked in and gave her granddaughter a huge smile. She also immediately gave her a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay, darling."

Cassandra felt herself smile. When they pulled away a few seconds later, she said, "I'm glad you're here, grandmother."

"Let me fix your hair," said Narcissa almost immediately. She grabbed a comb and started to brush Cassandra's hair. "Don't you want any specific hairstyle?"

Cassandra looked at herself in the mirror. She shook her head. "I don't think so. My hair's too short for that, anyway."

"We have magic, dear."

Cassandra still shook her hair. "I like it this way. Thank you, though."

Narcissa nodded and put the brush away, then looked at the young girl's nails. She stilled.

Cassandra looked down in confusion, immediately tensing.

Her usual manicured nails were no longer there. She hadn't even thought about it. Her nails were now chipped and the only color that was there was a bit of dried blood under her nails.

"That's not your blood, is it?" Narcissa whispered, looking at the girl in pity.

Cassandra swallowed and took her hand away, trying not to tear up. "I'm fine."

"That's not what I asked, Cassie." Narcissa softly said, putting a hand on the girl's shoulder. "Give me your hands. I can help."

"You can?" asked Cassandra hopefully, letting her grandmother look at her nails again.

Narcissa immediately nodded and muttered some spells with her wand pointed at the girl's nails.

Within just a few minutes, Cassandra's nails were cleaner than ever. It was also manicured and painted the color of her dress.

"If you can do that with just a few spells, why did we always go to the salon?"

"To bond," replied the woman as if it was obvious with a small smile. She put the girl's hair behind her ear and softly kissed her cheek. "I'm proud of you, darling. You kept yourself safe."

The young girl didn't reply and looked away.

Narcissa took a few steps backwards and looked around the room. She frowned at the messy state of it. Pointing her wand at it and muttering a spell, the room was immediately clean afterwards.

"You have to start taking care of yourself," scolded the woman lightly. "You should not be living in such filth."

"I try," mumbled Cassandra. "But I fail."

"You were not like this before," whispered Narcissa. "Do not forget to take care of yourself, Cassie."

The young girl nodded. "I know, grandmother. Thank you."

Someone knocking on the door caught their attention. Alexandria walked inside. "Are you ready, Cassie? They're all here."

Cassandra nodded and gave her grandmother a smile before walking out of her room with her mother.