𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗬

—YULE BREAK HAD ENDED. Everyone was back in Hogwarts. The Slytherins were throwing a party because of Yule ending. It seemed like they all needed this party, all having different reasons for needing it.

Cassandra frowned in concern when Theodore— who was next to her— grabbed a glass of alcohol and downed it immediately. "Are you alright?"

He merely nodded once, then took another glass, but stopped when she grabbed a bottle of firewhiskey from the table and started drinking it.

He put down the glass he had, planning not to drink again for the rest of the night.

Someone had to take care of her, and that someone had to be him.

"You don't have to take care of me," she said, knowing what he was thinking. "I'll be fine."

He shook his head. "I'll always take care of you."

She looked at him for a few seconds, then turned away and put the bottle to her lips, taking a long gulp from it.

Theodore sighed. "Cassandra, please slow down."

"I'm—" she hiccuped "—fine."

"Clearly," he replied sarcastically.

She didn't listen and took another gulp.

He looked at her in worry, but didn't say anything this time.

She looked at Vanessa and Maeve, whom were dancing in the middle of the common room. "They're together—" She tried changing the subject, but closed her eyes, feeling sick.

"I've heard," he replied and caught her when he fell. "Time for you to go to your dorm."

She nodded in agreement, her hands finding the back of his neck when he picked her up and started taking her to her dorm. "I— I feel—.. feel.." she mumbled, "sick.."

"You're drunk," he said and opened her dorm room door, then closed it behind them. He immediately took her to the bathroom, putting her right in front of the toilet and holding up her hair, watching as she immediately threw up.

He rubbed her back and looked very worried. "You're ok. Just get it all out."

"I—" she threw up again. "—look.. look disgusting."

"You don't," he assured her. Then, he conjured a towel and water, giving the water to her to drink it.

After that, she stood up and let him wash her mouth. Then, he took her to her bed when she was all cleaned up and tucked her in. "Rest, Cassandra. And stop drinking, please."

She closed her eyes and shook her head. "Too much b— blood." She repeated what she said last time, her hands shaking.

He noticed immediately and sat down on the floor, taking her hands and holding it. "I'm here," he said comfortingly, brushing her hair away from her face. "Sleep, Cassandra. I'll stay here."

And he did.

He stayed there on the cold and hard floor for hours, then slept on the couch in her room for a little bit.

He never left her.