𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗣𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚

—"I WANT TO CUT MY HAIR," SAID CASSANDRA. She was in the living room with her mother, who was reading a book. Alexandria glanced up with a small frown. "Why's that, Cassie?"

Cassandra merely shrugged. "I just want to."

Alexandria raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?" She asked, earning a nod from her daughter. She closed the book and stood up. "Very well. Let's take you to the salon."

Cassandra loved her short hair.

Her long hair was gone. Her hair was now right above her shoulders.

The family was now in the living room together. Draco had an arm slung around his wife, while playing Wizard's chess with his son— who was winning.

Casssandra, meanwhile, was merely looking at them.

"There's a ball in a few days," said Alexandria to her daughter.

The young girl looked at her mother. "Can I not go?" She immediately asked

Alexandria looked apologetic. "It's in our manor."

Cassandra let out a small sigh, but nodded. "Okay."

"I'm sorry, Cassie."

"It's fine."

"Do you have a dress you haven't worn?" Alexandria asked, standing up and walking over to her daughter to sit next to her.

Cassandra looked like she was in thought. "I don't think so."

"Do you want to go shopping?"

Noticing the hopefulness in her mother's voice, she nodded. "Sure, mother."

When they both walked into a shop filled with dresses, the mother and daughter immediately started looking for one for Cassandra.

"How about this?" Alexandria pulled out a dark blue dress.

It was long and sleeveless, but definitely not for Cassandra.

"That's nice," said Cassandra, "for a Ravenclaw."

Alexandria chuckled and nodded, agreeing with her daughter as she put the dress back. "What type of dress do you want, darling?"

"Anything. I don't really mind."

"You just said no to a dress."

"Still."

The woman shook her head, but continued to look. "At least tell me a color you'd like."

"Maybe like.." Cassandra stared in thought. "Something dark. Like black or.. or a dark gray?"

"Or a dark purple?" Her mother offered, taking a dress out and showing it to her daughter.

It was pretty.

But Cassandra still shook her head. "I don't like that." She said, looking at the many dresses afterwards. Her eyes stopped on a dress on a mannequin. "Mother." She said, pointing to it.

Alexandria followed her daughter's eyesight, looking at the dress in awe. "That would look gorgeous on you, Cassie."

The dress was dark gray. It had a slit by the leg. Its top was tight, but from the waist down it wasn't.

It would look perfect on Cassandra.

Cassandra gave a small nod and walked over to it, while her mother went to ask a worker for the dress. When she returned with the dress in her hand, she gave it to her daughter. "Go try it on. The dressing room is over there."

Cassandra nodded and took the dress. When she was in the dressing room, she locked the door and started to change.

A few minutes later, she was in the dress.

Her mother was right. The dress really did look gorgeous on her.

When she unlocked the door and stepped out of the dressing room, her mother smiled. "So?"

"I like it," said Cassandra. "Can we get this?"

"Of course, Cassie."