𝗛𝗢𝗚𝗦𝗠𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗘

—DAYS AND WEEKS PASSED. It was now mid-March and Cassandra was gazing into the fireplace in thought.

"Why are you wearing short sleeves in this cold weather?" asked Zara in shock.

Maeve shrugged. "I dunno."

Vanessa rolled her eyes fondly at her girlfriend's stupidity and took her jacket off, giving it to a grateful Maeve.

"We're going to Hogsmeade today, Cass. Do you want to come?" asked Vanessa.

Cassandra shook her head. "I probably won't."

"I'll take you to Hogsmeade," announced Theodore as he walked over to them, giving Cassandra a parchment.

"What's this?"

"Potions essay homework." He replied. "I know you didn't do yours."

She looked at him, feeling bad. "Theo, you didn't have to—"

"I wanted to."

She let out a sigh, but smiled. "Thank you."

Theodore and Cassandra were at Hogsmeade, walking around.

Cassandra was wearing a sweater, but she still shivered because of the cold weather.

Theodore noticed and immediately took off his jacket, putting it on her.

Her lips twitched into a smile as she wore it. "Thank you."

He smiled back and then looked away. After a few minutes of silence, he asked, "How are you doing with your nightmares?"

Cassandra swallowed. "Bad. They still don't leave me alone."

"What do you see, Cassandra?" He asked softly.

She let out a shaky sigh. "I have many different nightmares. The most common one is me stabbing Amelia.. over and over again. Blood gets everywhere. Everywhere." She replied shakily and stopped walking, eyes tearing up. "There's so much blood, Theo."

Theodore's lips parted as he looked at her in pity.

She didn't deserve this. Not one single bit.

He pulled her into his arms, rubbing her back for comfort. "You don't deserve this, Cassandra. If I could take your pain away, I really would." He repeated what he had said before.

Cassandra shook her head in his arms, trying to stop the tears from falling.

She breathed in his scent, feeling comforted.

He was there for her. All the time. How had she gotten so lucky?