𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥

—CASSANDRA WAS SITTING IN THE COURTYARD THE NEXT DAY WITH ZARA. She was nodding along to what Zara was saying, but would be lying if she said she was listening.

Her attention was on somebody sitting on a bench with his friends.

"—Cass!" Zara said, finally catching her attention. "Why don't you just go talk to him?"

Cassandra looked confused. "Why should I?" She asked. "He's with his friends, anyway. I won't take his time."

"He'll always have time to listen about how Cassandra Slytherin-Malfoy is in love with him." Zara said dramatically with a laugh as she laid down on the grass.

Cassandra rolled her eyes. "I am not in love with Theodore."

"Keep telling yourself that."

When Cassandra went to the library alone about ten minutes later— while Zara was off to find Maeve and Vanessa— she put the books she had recently borrowed back into their shelves.

Hearing footsteps behind her, she turned around with her wand pointed at the person immediately.

Theodore raised his hands, eyes widened. "Calm down, Cassandra. It's just me."

She let out a sigh and put her wand back into its holster. "Sorry," she mumbled.

He looked at her for a few seconds, unblinking. Then, he asked, "Did you sleep well last night?"

She looked away and nodded.

But Theodore always knew her.

"How can I help?" asked the boy, looking a little desperate. "I really want to help you, Cassandra."

"I don't need any help, Theodore." Cassandra looked back at him. "I'm fine. I'm starting to sleep better as well."

He raised an eyebrow, pointing to the bags under her eyes. "Really?"

She rolled her eyes.

Theodore watched as she started to look for another book and pulled one out of the shelf. "You read wizarding books now?"

"I've always read both wizarding books and muggle books," said the girl.

"I didn't know that."

"You do now."

He hummed. "Cassandra?"

"Yes, Theodore?"

"If there's anything I could do to help, you'd tell me right?"

Cassandra hesitated, which he noticed, and then nodded. "Sure, Theodore." She lied.

His eyes lingered on her, almost as if he knew she was lying, but he still nodded nonetheless. "Thank you."

Walking into the owlery, Cassandra noticed her grandfather's owl. She immediately rushed over to it and took the letter out of its beak, opening it and starting to read it;

'Cassandra,

We've been looking everywhere. Wherever this 'brother' is, I am sorry to say we are failing to find him.
However, do not lose hope, just like we are not. Your parents are searching with us. Every death eater is searching. I've even put some works in the ministry on hold, just to have more time to search for him. He's too smart, unfortunately. But we are smarter.

-Thomas Slytherin.'

Cassandra let out a disappointed sigh and put the letter away, walking out of the owlery and starting to walk the way to her common room.

They would find him soon.

At least, that's what she hoped.