CHAPTER 33

Jungwon could not think of anything other than what Jungsoo told him when he went to the Min residence earlier. His head could not wrap the phrase that left the older's lips to attack him.

To make him vulnerable which he succeeded.

The truth is, Jungsoo might be aware that he didn't care or he didn't mind the bruises he received from the man earlier. Maybe those didn't scare Jungwon, didn't affect him that's why instead of beating him, Jungsoo attacked the younger with words. With the news that will surely break the man.

And it did.

Those words pierced through Jungwon's head, imprinted that no matter what he does, it just keeps ringing in his head. Keeps on repeating in his head.

"Jiyeon will marry someone that is better than you! "

"She realized she didn't need a peasant like you! "

"They left this town already "

He did not want to believe those words but the way Jungsoo said it, and the fact that it is possible to happen knowing the Min family, it is just hard to not believe.

Jungwon did not know how long he has been staring at the darkness of his room. No matter how he tried to sleep, he couldn't.

Those thoughts, those words are keeping him awake. The pain coming from his chest is making, is keeping him awake.

If he closes his eyes, he would see Jiyeon. He would see her smiles, her alluring eyes, perfect nose and how her hair would dance with the wind. He would see every detail of her, and it pain him.

It pain him knowing such beauty would not be his. That someone like her would not end up with him...

She's a lady after all... And a lady should end up with someone in her level, not someone who have nothing.

He keeps on reminding himself to lessen the pain he's feeling... But it did not lessen anything.

Jungwon was lost in his thoughts that he did not hear the knock coming from his door. It just happened that he felt the need to drink something, a water perhaps, to moisten his dry throat.

And that's when he hear the knocks coming from his entrance door.

Everything happened so fast. One moment, Jungwon was walking towards his kitchen and the next thing he knew, he was being engulfed with someone he thought he wouldn't see. Forever.

It didn't process instantly to him about what's happening. Though when it did, he immediately wrapped his arms around the girl and embraced her tightly.

He heard her cry and it was the most painful thing to hear. It was not the words Jungsoo dropped to him earlier but her cries. It's like a dagger piercing through him.

Jungwon tried everything to calm her. Singing her a lullaby all the while lightly tapping her back in a gentle way possible, kissing the crown of her head and everything. Whispering sweet words and poems he could think just to calm down the girl in his arms.

And it worked.

Everything Jungwon does, is always working towards Jiyeon. So after a while, with her still clinging to him and not wanting to separate with the other despite Jungwon telling her he will go get a coat for her, she didn't let go.

"They're planning to marry me off... " Jiyeon started, head still pressed at the crook of Jungwon's neck.

The latter sighed. He wanted to ask that earlier, along with the questions in his head but he chose not to. He didn't want to make the other uncomfortable.

"I know. " he answered.

Jiyeon immediately looked at him upon hearing his answer. The man looked down to her and their eyes met. He forced a smile.

"Who told you? " she asked.

Now, despite knowing the Min family, as much as possible, Jungwon did not want to stain the image of them to Jiyeon. As much as possible, he wanted the other to see his brother and his parents as her family. He wanted Jiyeon to stay pure and genuine, and not hold any grudges to her family.

But at the same time, he does not want to lie to the other. Jiyeon had been nothing but honest to him. She had been loyal to him. And he will do the same to her.

So with that, Jungwon chose not to answer. To avoid staining the image of her family and to avoid lying to her. Though what he didn not know is the other already holding grudges to them.

Jiyeon nodded her head in understanding. No words needed to know where and how Jungwon found the news.

It's either her family told him or her family announced that to anyone, might be written in the newspapers in order to wipe off the rumour that put a  'stain' to their image.

Jiyeon leaned her head on him once again. "I don't want to get married if it's not with you. "

They both know no matter how they disagree, no matter how many they say no, they knew they don't have a say to it. They are aware of that. Very aware of that.

There is one thing they can do though, to prevent the marriage from happening.

Jungwon doesn't want to tell it to the other, he doesn't want to force her to do something dangerous that can risk both of their lives. So he stayed silent, and tried to come up with something instead.

But not Jiyeon though as she inhaled deeply, smelling his scent and let out the words Jungwon is avoiding to ask her.

"Let's run away together and live somewhere far away from here. " Jiyeon looked at him.

"That's dangerous, lady Min. Running away with you will risk both of our lives. Especially yours. " Jungwon doesn't care if it's risking his life but the thing is, it's not his life that they will be putting in line if ever. He doesn't care about him, all he cares is Jiyeon.

And Jiyeon alone.

Though the latter shook her head. "I don't care if it's dangerous or if I'm risking my life. I just want to get away from here and live with you....To have freedom loving you...Don't you want that? "

Jungwon sighed. Of course he wanted it. He badly wanted it... But having the freedom to love each other and be far away from here means they are putting their lives in line.

"We're risking ourselves here, lady Min. Are you sure you want this? To get away from here with me? " he asked and Jiyeon answered her with a nod.

"Yes." There is no hesitation in her voice.

And that was all it takes for Jungwon to finally agreed. He nodded his head and kissed the crown of her head as he whispered.

"Then let's run away together, lady Min. Let's escape this place and leave everything behind. "