CHAPTER 34

Running away. Together.

Happiness. Freedom.

Those are the only thing that's running in Jiyeon's head aside from the man sitting in front of her.

It's cold. But the coldness is something Jiyeon welcomes. It is a sign that symbolizes they are close to their own freedom.

Happiness.

Jiyeon tightened her holds on Jungwon's torso, her head pressed on his back as a smile crept her lips. Her hair dancing with the wind as they move towards the direction she didn't know.

After the talk she had with the man, both of them started thinking, sharing ideas and creating plans that will guarantee them from running away. Without complications.

And now they are on their way to somewhere Jiyeon did not know. All she know is she trust Jungwon more than anyone else. So when the plan was laid, she follows. She followed every instruction he told her which leads to where they are now.

Before leaving the Min residence a couple of hours ago, Jiyeon took all the money she could take, even the jewelries she never wears before. Jungwon isn not aware of it though, knowing the man would disagree with her. She could even imagine the man telling her about 'leaving the expenses' to him.

From what she noticed from the man, he doesn't want her to spend something when he's around. As much as Jungwon can, he will pay everything for her even though he doesn't have 'that' enough money... So she chose to not tell the other about taking everything she can.

Jiyeon and Jungwon left Gyeongseong past midnight, where everyone was in their deep slumber. And it's been a few hours since then.

They would sometimes stop in the middle of darkness, to stretch their legs especially to Jiyeon since it's her first time riding a horse. It's thrilling but at the same time, tiring since you have to balance yourself, unlike in the carriages she rode before.

"Are you cold? "

Jiyeon averted her gaze to the man then smiled. She shook her head. "A bit but it's alright. What about you? "

Jungwon returned the smile while shaking his head. "I'm well. If the cold becomes too much, please tell me. "

Jiyeon nodded before leaning her head against him and set her gaze to the view in front of them. Jungwon wrapped his arms around her as they watches the sunrise in peace.

Peace...

It's peaceful. And they hope it would last forever.

After a few minutes of watching the sun rises, they decided to move once again. It took another couple of hours for them before the horse slowed down when they entered an unfamiliar village.

Jiyeon rises her brows upon seeing small houses. They are built more different than the ones in the city of Gyeongseong. There is also a good amount of distance in between of every houses, and it is understandable given by the fact that they are built on the hills.

They moved passed the houses and soon enough, the horse came to stop in front of a small one that is a bit farther than the rest.