CHAPTER 35

The house was empty when Jiyeon woke up the next morning making her a bit panic. She looked every corner of the house but to her dismay, she did not find the man inside.

Jiyeon was about to go outside but stopped before she could even reach the door. She hear something, or rather someone, talking. She walked to the door and pressed her ear against it, an attempt to eavesdrop.

But she heard nothing but a gibberish faint sounds. She crunched her nose, deciding to just open the door a little as curiosity got the best of her.

She peeked outside. Her eyes immediately meeting two women in their middle age talking to a man which Jiyeon can immediately tell is Jungwon. Her eyes then moved to the side and found girls in their age, a little bit far from the house, gossiping while looking at Jungwon. Some are smiling and some are gawking.

"Tss, why are they looking at him like that? " She whispered, glaring towards those girls' direction. She rolled her eyes then moved her gaze to Jungwon's figure.

Her eyes widened and she immediately closed the door upon seeing the man moving to the side, done talking to the middle-aged women.

She goes and sat on the wooden stool in the corner and act as if she wasn't peeking earlier.

The door opened and it revealed Jungwon with basket in hand.

"Oh, you're awake? " the man goes to her and leaned down to kiss her head. "Good morning, my beloved. "

Jiyeon smiled at the action and hummed while nodding. "What's that?" She asked.

Jungwon followed her gaze. He lifted the basket and set it on the round little table. "It's vegetables, lady Min. Haven't you seen one before? "

"I do— I mean, yeah, I know they are vegetable but what I meant was where did you get them? "

The man chuckled. "From my family's friend's farm, I bought them earlier. "

"You woke up too early. "

"I always do, lady Min. "

Jiyeon giggled while looking inside the basket. There'ls quite a lot of vegetables. There are tomatoes, lady's fingers, cabbage, string beans, some leaves and the rest are something she did not know what was called. Though, they look very familiar.

"So what are we going to cook for breakfast? "

Jungwon raised a brow. "We? "

Jiyeon pouted causing the man to chuckle. He shook his head, finding the other adorable. "What about you just sit there, lady Min and let me do the cooking? "

"But I want to help? "

She gave the other the 'puppy' look making Jungwon to immediately divert his eyes to something else while clearing his throat. "If you insist, lady Min. "

Jiyeon smiled in triumph. And just like that, they began cooking. Or more like Jungwon doing it as the other only assist him.

Jiyeon also keeps on asking him questions about the earlier's event. She asked who was he talking to earlier and if he knows the people that lives in the village.