Chapter 9: Friday

Friday.

Friday is finally here.

The day of the party is finally here.

A weekend away from my brothers is finally here.

Connor is finally here.

I tap my leg against the bottom of the car, anticipation taking control of my limbs as I count down the minutes until I would finally be at Zach's house having the time of my life.

Rue turns the corner, driving us down our street. I bite at my lip, my hand twitching on the door handle as I eye our house.

"Hurry. Hurry. Hurry." I mumble, running my hands over the tops of my thighs. My eyes catch Oscar's through the review mirror, and he eyes me curiously. I give him a nod, barely aware of the movement as I think of Connor. I can't restrain the grin that spreads across my lips as I think of his soft skin and curly hair. He had smelled so good, and his kiss had been even better. Fuck, he was so damn handsome, I bet he looks even better naked.

"Bro, you okay?" Rue's voice draws me out of my thoughts. I feel my cheeks heat up at his words, and at the idea of being caught thinking such dirty thoughts. I quickly turn towards the window before Rue can catch me blushing and tease me about it.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I finally get out, my words rough as I rub at my cheeks.

"You don't look okay." Rue challenges his voice light with suspicion. His tone causes me to gaze at him. His hazel brown eyes flicker between me and the road.

I give him an irritated shrug, suddenly feeling on guard with his interest in my behavior. I really didn't need him giving any of my brothers a reason to cancel my sleep over. "Why do you care?" I snap.

"Woah, okay chill. You were just grinning like an idiot, I wanted to make sure everything was alright," Rue pauses, giving me a long look in the mirror before he breaks out into a grin. "Wouldn't want you getting a boner before you see Mrs. Milton." He winks at me, giving a long perverted moan before he pants out 'Oh, Cheryl'.

"Quit it." I gasp, his moans quickly drawing me away from Connor and to him. He smirks at me, briefly turning away from the road to look at me. My heart suddenly begins to race as our eyes lock. I blink, unable to look away from him as he smiles at me.

"I'm in love with Zachary's mom." Rue laughs, singing the tune of Stacey's mom. He turns away from me breaking me out of the spell. I furrow my eyebrows, hitting roughly at his shoulder. I blink, studying his side profile, my eyes focusing in on the few freckles that painted the side of his face.

Fuck, what had just happened? I run a hand down my face. I need to get a hold of myself. I don't care how horny I am. I'm about to get my own ass tonight, so my hormones could stop trying to get me together with my brothers. I scoff at the notion, before shuddering at the thought of Rue.

"Ash, you okay?" Oscar asks lightly, his fingertips brushing the side of my jaw. The contact makes me jump. Oscar stares at me with wide eyes, his bottom lip in his mouth. He blinks, his long lashes brushing his cheek.

"Ummm...yeah, Rue is just an idiot." I breathe, slumping back in my seat.

"Mhmmm, love you too." Rue quips back sarcastically without missing a beat.

He finally pulls to a stop in front of our house, slowing the car down gradually before he puts it in park. I grab for the door handle but the sound of the locks clicking suddenly halts my movements

I turn towards Rue to see him twisted around in his seat, his pale hand resting on the back of Oscar's seat.

"Hey, if you want me to give you a ride, you're going to have to hurry up. My shift starts in thirty minutes." He tells me, before turning back around in his seat.