EPILOGUE

"Foozler might not be enough to describe you, Lady Min. "

Instead of replying, Jiyeon pouted. She tried to push herself to stand up. But her attempt was a total failure when she felt the pain in ankle worsens and this caused her to fall on the ground.

"Aish! " she mumbled under her breath, feeling embarrassed when she saw the man looking at her with amusement in his eyes.

"Here, take my hand. " the man spoke, offering her hand to the other but Jiyeon is too embarrassed to face him.

Earlier, while they're walking down the pavement, Jiyeon unintentionally and clumsily stepped on her clothes and this leads on her, falling on the ground and breaking her ankle.

Jungwon chuckled, shaking his head. "Are you sure you don't need help? "

Jiyeon pouted, feeling herself tearing up from the pain when she took his hand and tried to stand up once again.

And just like the earlier, the pain intensifies and that made her fall on the ground. She closed her eyes, ready to feel the impact on her arse but few seconds had passed, she didn't feel anything. Instead, what she felt was a hand wrapped on her body, almost carrying her.

She opened her eyes and saw Jungwon looking at her. He smiled.

"If you can't walk, lady Min, we could just stay in my tenement. Let me aid your foot, if you'll let me. "

Jiyeon didn't answer, her eyes just bore to his but nonetheless, she shook her head.

And just like that, Jungwon carried her back to his place and aided her injured ankle.

Minjoo slowly opened her eyes. She's expecting to see a familiar old ceiling just like what she's used to... But what greeted her sight was the familiar one of her room.

No, not her room from the past but her room in the present time. And that made her tear up.

Ever since she woke from that coma, ever since she returned in the present, this has been Minjoo's routine whenever she wakes up.

She cries. She always break down once realization hit her that she's no longer in the body of Jiyeon, she's no longer in the past but in the present time. In her own body.

Dreams of the past always hunt her. The scenes, the moments of her with Jungwon, it hunts her. Just like now.

She dreamed of him, of them. Again. That scene, that moment happened after Jungwon finally accepted his feelings. That was one of the nights wherein they spent their time with each other at night...

It's been a month already, why Minjoo can't move on? She felt like everything that has happened to her in the past, it feels like it just happened yesterday.

It's fresh. So so fresh that Minjoo couldn't help but to breakdown everytime she remembers him.

His eyes that held the whole universe in it, his hair that he oftenly hides with his boater hat, the way his dimples shows whenever he pulls an expression. His smile, his voice, his laugh, Minjoo remember them well. Up until now.

And that made her misses him more.

His peaceful face despite the bruises when she thought he's just sleeping, it lingers in her head.

And so she broke down. Minjoo curled into a ball as she hugged her knees, crying.

It hurts.

Why did the universe let her relive Jiyeon's life? What's the purpose?

Why is fate cruel to them? To him? To her?

Minjoo shook her head as she cried silently. She opened her eyes and it instantly fell on the frame of Jungwon she kept before when she was still head over heels of their made up story...

That day when she woke up from the coma, when finally she returned to her body, she immediately searched Jiyeon's and Jungwon's story to confirm something.

She thought that the history of Jiyeon's and Jungwon changed since she's the one who controlled Jiyeon's body. But she thought wrong.

The story of them are still the same, the one which she admired before that she now despises. Their story that is in history textbooks, it didn't happen. Nothing written there happened.

Not the Min family protecting them, not the society hated them, not them moving far away and lived a happy life.

It's so unfair.

Their made up story is being admired by so many. The Min family being admired by so many, and it's unfair for Jiyeon and Jungwon.

Especially to the latter.

They were the one who gave them a hard time, the one who were against them. They were the reason why Jiyeon was so broken and lived alone. And they were also the reason of his..... Death.

So why are they receiving the praises they do not deserve?

" In another life, love. In another life, I will love you again. We will find each other again and continue our story. In another life. "

In another life.....

Minjoo smiled painfully.

If our paths crossed in this lifetime, I'll make sure to stay by your side. I won't make you wait this time. I will never fail you this time.

A memory flashed through her mind. A memory of them in Gwangju. With Jungwon looking at her eyes under the moonlight.

"Please don't be in love with someone else, Lady Min. "

Minjoo smiled and took the picture frame of the man sitting on her table.

"I didn't, my dearest. " she replied to his statement from the past.

"So please don't have somebody waiting on you. " she added, referring to this lifetime.

I hope the universe would give it to us, this time. I hope fate will be on our side this time, love.