Chapter 7 family antics (slight update)

Just a small update of the family back at the castle.

~~~
The room was cold and dark, the castle quiet. The usually busy halls, abandoned. Not even a maid dared to step into the room. Her father was writing something down at his fancy oak desk, while her mother braided her hair and her brothers, well two of them, were looking at a book on the floor. 

She and her mother were sitting on a striped tan and white couch with a oak trim and small lions carved into the feet.

While her mother did her hair she practiced braiding her doll's. It was old and worn, since it was her mother's. Button eyes, long black string hair and a cute little stitched smile.

"Sweetheart, could I get your opinion quickly?" Her father asked adjusting his reading glasses. Her mom looked down at the girl and nodded. The little girl pouted a little but didn't protest as her mother left her. Sliding down the couch onto the carpet she looked over to her giggling brothers.

" What's so funny?" She quietly chirped, crawling over to her brothers.

" Nothing kiwi. Just Aussie making up new creatures." Nada patted her head gently.
" It's not made up!" Australia protested.

"Yeah sure, a beaver-duck hybrid that lays eggs and is venomous.  Very realistic."  Nada rolled his eyes and nudged his brother.

"It is a real thing! Look!" Aussie shoved the book in his brother's face. " LOOK!"

" Hehe… it's siwlly looking." Kiwi squeaks while grabbing the book and tracing her small fingers across the picture. "See kiwi agrees!" Nada looked smugly at his brother while wrapping a long arm around his baby sister.

"No I downt." She squirreled her way out of her brother's grasp and ran to the other.

"Haha she agrees with me jer-"

"Australia." His father warned before continuing his work.

"Sorry." He huffed before running and tackling his brother. The fight was almost done as fast as it started, with the twenty year old tree sitting on his 12 year old brother. The girl, only eight, ran to defend her brother's honor. Surprising the oldest sibling, she pushed him off her other brother.

"Ahh! She's got me! The mighty warrior defeated me!" Nada threw his hand up dramatically and gasped, pretending to faint.

"New Zealand!" Her mother barked, surprising everyone. The usually calm soft spoken women almost never snapped.

"Wrestling your brothers isn't very lady like is it?" She cooed, brushing off the girl's dress and wiping a bit of dust off her face.

"No it isn't… sorry maman." She looked at the ground.

Her mother started to look more guilty and picked her up.

"I'm so sorry my la petite amie, it's just me and your father have been very worried about your brother." She kissed her nose and placed her down.

"You know what, you've all been good, go play, just stay in the court with uncle Ireland and Scotland." The mother shooed her child out the door and kissed them goodbye, then closed the door.

~~~~~~~

"What are we going to do, my love?" France walked over and sat by her husband.

"I don't know." He sighed, tapping his quill " All we can do is pray that they find him and start training Canada immediately. In case of the worst."

She nodded slowly, her husband brushed her lower jaw gently.

"We'll find him. This is just in case."

~~~~~~~~

"AYE! LITTLE LASS GET BACK HERE!" A voice yelled behind her.

Ireland could easily catch her, even with his new limp. Just, that isn't as fun.

"Never!" She squeaked, ducking under a bush only to be captured by her other uncle.
Scotland held the child by the feet and hands to drag her back to his 'den'. Dropping the giggling girl on a blanket he began to wrap her up in it. After burritoing her, he began to stomp around, spotting a tuft of blue hair in the bushes.

"AUGH!" He ripped the boy out of the bushes and let out a growl " Now we have dessert, aye?"

Aussie squirmed pretending to kick and punch the 'Troll'.. "I AM NOT DESSERT!" He barked and sharply inhaled and yelled "CANADAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" Canada ran out from behind a rose bush and began charging with a stick in hand.

"AUGH!" He fell over, not letting go of the boy. " Quick get kiwi!" He screeched while trying to claw his way out of the burly man's arms. Canada just nodded and ran to the 'cave' which was made of badly stacked pillows and a drawing saying 'the den' by Australia. It was small so he found kiwi almost immediately and began to unwrap the still giggling girl. Being grabbed from behind, he began to panic, realizing it was Ireland.

"Gotcha!" Ireland laughed while holding him in a tight hug. "Now we just gotta catch the spider!"

"Already got it" Scotland walked in holding a wild Australian by the collar with one hand.

"Well!" Ireland let go of Canada " Guess we win!"

"It wasn't fair," the Australian pouted.

865 words.

Sorry for the short post, I haven't been well the last couple weeks. I promise something more interesting will happen next chapter.