Chapter 10 Wooden peices of the past

Hating to admit it, Bela- no- The dragon's cooking was good.

Don't use names, that's how you get attached. Only use them if necessary.

Everyone had calmed down in the presence of food. Even Russia, though forced to sit on the floor, didn't complain. Instead he spent his time cracking the seeds open and splitting them between himself and the bear on his left, Or 'forest puppy' as he learned the dragon called it. Everyone seemed to have an easy time cracking open the seeds shells, everyone but America of course. Ukraine seemed to be able to do it the best, cracking them open almost twice as fast as his sibling and 1000 times faster than America. The quietness could also be caused by the fact it's 5 am.

It's so peaceful….other than the half boarded up window, something about that creeps me out…………maybe also the outside of the cabin……and the random creaks…

When everyone was finished, Bela showed him into a room upstairs. The room was small, maybe… half the size of his closet. The 'bed' was basically a table with a thin layer of some sort of cotton covered with a sheet, and a very depressed pillow that looked like it wanted to jump off a building.

Understandable, mr. pillow.

"Sorry it's not much, Ukie is going to the human market in a couple days, so then we can get you better…." She shook the pillow causing a small mouse to fall out and dart out the door. "...everything?" She muttered as she watched the mouse. "Guess that's cat food" Belarus laughed nervously as she pulled out a quilt from under the bed.

All he could do was sit and watch the dragon on a very dangerous looking stool that was surprisingly sturdy despite looking older than the world itself.

She shook dust off the quilt and spread it over the bed. It was teal and navy with red patches with gold dragons stitched into them. In the center was a very geometric gold stitched dragon with an eyepatch over one eye and several stitched on scars. Under the quilt was a weird lump. Pulling it out she revealed a hat that looked similar to Russia's, just way less fluffy and seemed to have been falling apart and stitched together several times.

Belarus looked at it for a while before tucking it into the pocket of her overalls.

"Well, me and my sibling have work to do. '' She sounded sad. " You need to rest and let your wounds heal. Unfortunately we don't have anything in English to read…."

"But- I'll be right back!" She screamed joyfully as she dashed out the door. True to her word she came back quickly but this time with little carved wooden hunters, animals, and dragons.

"These were gifts from our father when we were young." She said as she spread them out on the bed and motioned for him to come and join her. Curious, he sat next to her.

"You got to be gentle with them please, but you can play with them if you want." She said while giving him a small wooden cat. "This is my favorite!" She clapped " This is kaz's"

He looked at what appeared to be a snake curled into a ball.

"As a kid he liked rolling it around, he also liked how snake's tasted. Luckily he grew out of the phase." She chuckled " These are Ukie's " she gave him two foxes, one a little kit and the other the parent. Both foxes had matching curly details carved around their backs and faces. "...and this…."

"Russia's?" He guessed.

"Nope. Well not exactly. " She chuckled sadly.

"Your fathers? Mothers?" He guessed again.

"Still wrong." She laughed, looking more cheerful. "It was a dear childhood friend of ours. He was a human like you. He lived with us for a while before-" Bela paused and shook her head. "Never mind that, this was his favorite though." She held out a small wooden dog.

"I-its a dog?" America asked, confused.

"Yeah, a German shepherd in fact." She nodded, got up and sighed " We never knew why he liked them so much nor asked." Placing all the animals on the bed she began heading towards the door and waved. "Have fun, I'll check up on you every once and a while and change your bandages."

Then America was left alone in the dark room, bored almost immediately, he hopped onto the bed and began sorting what person in his life would be what animal.

~~~~~

What animal do you think:

Ireland would be:

Scotland would be:

Canada would be:

Australia and new Zealand would be:

Germany would be:

America Would be:

Any of the dragon siblings would be:

Britian would be:

Other would be:

Thanks for reading this short update. I just wanted to make sure that you guys got AT LEAST one update in case school is chaotic.