Old False Disturbing Myths

"Are you hungry?"

It didn't answer, it didn't even hesitate and continued to keep his guard up. Rolling his eyes, Russia whistled his now wandering dog over.

"иди за Белой"
(Go get Bela.)

~~~~~~~~~~~

The wolf ran off after the beast commanded something in a different language.

America looked everywhere he could to avoid the dragon's burning crimson gaze, the floor, the table, heck even dust particles, anything to avoid those eyes.

Even though the dragon wasn't acting aggressive and had seemed to heal his wounds, you could never trust a dragon.

Like his father, and his father, and even his father had said they are manipulative brutes. They would kill you without a second thought just for fun. Just for a laugh. Burning cities down to the ground just to entertain themselves. Not to mention…. The other stories.

But….

They were supposed to be extinct.

The last one was supposedly killed by father's guards when he was six years old, almost a decade and half ago with him being 19….or 20? How many days have passed? The dragon looked about the same age, perhaps 5ish years older max.

America, still avoiding his eyes, couldn't help but notice the dragon's dark grey tail seemed to have small blue speckles across the scales reminding him of stars, and the fur peaking at the top was an ink black with blue tips. The end of his tail ended with a thick arrowhead-like scale. Looking up only slightly he noticed the dragon was wearing a brownish-grey trench coat, basic almost black pants, very heavy duty worn boots , and a weird black hat that had grey fur lining along with a small red star.

The dragon impatiently flicked his claws together.

Was he waiting for me to answer the question?

Hating to admit it, he was hungry. But getting poisoned wasn't on his to do list, let alone getting poisoned by a dragon after escaping a dragon assassination attempt.  Let alone nothing about this has been on the to do list.

Taking a breath, he whispered to himself 'how many days has it been?'

"With us, at least 6 days." The dragon huffed, counting his claws.

He was going to ask about 'us' but something else came out and got interrupted.

"Wha-"

"Good hearing."

"How-"

"Common sense, why? Don't have it where you're from?"

"BROTHER!" A younger female dragon yelled while stomping around the corner. You could see the dragon's face pale when he heard that.

She hit the side of his head, not hard enough to hurt, but enough to get her unhappiness across to him. In a second the first dragon was forced out of the shack by the ear with a squeak.

W-what just happened?

She quickly slammed the door, dusted her hands off and lit a candle with match.

Can't dragon's breath fire? Why use a match?

She had a much kinder face with a warm, welcoming smile.

"Прости за это, мой брат может быть идиотом." (Sorry about that, my brother can be a idiot) She chuckled. "Вы ударились?" (Are you hurt?)

"I-i don't understand.."

"Oh! Sorry! I should have guessed English, since you guys were speaking English when I came in." She rubbed the back of her neck nervously, after seeing the confusion on his face.

"I asked if you're hurt." She translated, ignoring the first part.

America tried to be quiet, but something about this second dragon got him to talk, not much, but talk.

"N-no, I'm fine."

"Okay good, are you hungry?" She prodded.

"N-no"

"Really? After all that time I would imagine you're starving?"

".no...thanks."

"...?" She looked puzzled for a minute before it clicked, turning her face a little pale .

"Oh. OH. OHHHHHHHHH. NO. No no noooooo no no." She shook her head aggressively and held her hands up in a non-threatening way.  " Dragons…don't do…..that… that's a very old... and disturbing myth. I was offering you some chicken and fresh, well, kind of fresh, bread - and some water….  I could… see where that would be a concern….. but I promise me and my brothers aren't bad! And he's just intimidating…. He's actually a sweetheart….when he wants to be."

She mumbled the last part just barely loud enough for him to hear.

Well I guess… she isn't too bad, maybe her other brothers would be the same? Maybe they can help me?

"So… would you like some food?"

I guess it wouldn't hurt? Right?

"I guess…"

"Well come along!" She grabbed his hand with surprising strength and began dragging him out of the shack and to an old log cabin, In the middle of the night, with the other tree of a dragon, the wolf, and a humongous brown bear following behind.

I'm going to die here aren't I?

Ah, yes. A new year of school. A trial of pure suffering, unfortunately that means a cut down on updates and length... I'll try to post around every 2 weeks or so. :/

This story is not meant to be offensive.

words count: 846