Chapter 12 Stupid bets.

Only after the human returned to the cabin and they finished lunch did it start raining again, hard. Bela traced the raindrops racing down the window with a claw. Standing up she stretched.

"Guess that's all we can do today."

Nobody argued with her. Instead Kazakhstan stood up and walked into the living room to stir the fire in the fireplace. Bela sat in the spot that Kazakhstan was previously occupying.

"What do you do around here for fun?"  America questioned sitting in the chair backwards for some dumb reason.
Bela thought for a moment and tapped her chin.
"We have paint, chess and books ….which you can't read…" She listed off each option holding up a finger with it.

"I'm good at chess!" He declared cockily, pushing a thumb into his own chest.

"Oh? You are? Let me guess-some sort of  'prince' training?" Russia mocked the boy sitting across from him. America didn't take this too kindly. Leaning across the table he spat in the dragon's face;

"I BET 50 GOLD I COULD BEAT YOUR STUPID DRAGON ASS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!"

The dragon smirked "Fine. You win, you get 50 gold. If I win I get 50 gold. Sound good?"

Bela pulled her brother to the side to protest.
"But that's basically all the gold you have! Why would you go do something so incredibly stupid!"

"Bela, have I ever lost?"

"Yeah! To dad!"

"Have I lost to anyone other than dad?"

"Ukie."

"ONC- never mind. Don't worry I'll be fine." He ruffled her hair. She did protest anymore despite being doubtfull and just whispered "you better win this, stupid."

Rolling his eyes he sat back down across from America.

Peeking around the corner she put a hand to her mouth. "Kaz! Can you get out the chess set?"

"Already got it" He chirped, holding it in the air above his head excitedly. Dropping the wooden box on the table he sat at the end of the table. As Russia was opening the box, Belarus and Ukraine looked over him at the opening box.

Inside the box everything was gray, caked in a thick layer of dust.

"Wow, how long has it been?" Ukie chirped behind him.

"Couple years, probably?" Bela nodded.

Brushing the dust of the contents revealed polished oak and birch pieces and a simple black and white painted board with oak lining the outside.

"1 or 2 I think? Maybe 3-" Kazakhstan added.

"Nah I think it's been 4 years." Ukraine corrected him.

"Неужели это было так давно?" (Really has it been that long?)

"так." (yeah.)

"Shhhh! Пачынаецца!" (It's starting!) Bela hissed at the two.

~~~~

"6 out of 10!"

"нет."

"I have no idea what that means so I assume you agree!"

"Listen, I could beat you all day but I have more important things to do."

"What if I raise the bet?"

"HAHA. You want to lose more money? Fine then. What do you add?"

"300 gold." America stated.

"300 gold?" The dragon echoed.

"300 gold." He stated again, more confident this time.

"Wow, I heard humans aren't the smartest bunch but-"

"Shut up. Do you accept it or not?"

"With that much free gold how could I deny?" He barked with laughter.

"Don't get too confident, Russia." Ukie yelled-growled. "He seems too confident…"

"You worry too much brother, why don't you go get a drink?" Ukie just rolled his eyes and left to get a drink.

~~~~~

6,

7,

8,

9,

10,

12,

15,

20.

In 20 games, Ame won 5 of those. Very quickly he was 500 gold in debt with the dragon. He was only able to pay off 150 gold he had somehow. Let's just say he stopped playing for gold after that.

~~~~~
Sorry for the short chapter. I've been recovering from being sick, catching up with homework and having writer's block. :<

But I hope you enjoyed this stupidity anyway. :>