Christmas Stories

Beautiful snow brushed across the trees, the wind gently cradling them. Snow piled on the roof of the house. Inside echoed the happy chirps of children, the most delicious smells drafted from the kitchen. A burning flame keeps the playing children warm. The house was a cozy place, detailed rugs covered the floor gently being lit up by the warm glow of the fire. While the children messed around on the carpet, a red one eyed dragon sat in a chair, legs crossed, reading an old newspaper.

"папа! папа! глядзець! (Look!)" A little girl hopped up on his lap with a book, crushing the newspaper.
"Я пытался это прочитать, бела. (I was trying to read that, bela.) Также говорить по-английски нужно практиковаться. (Also speak in english you need to practice.)" The one eyed dragon grumbled. "What do you need?

"Sorry папа," She responded sadly, then excitedly shoved the book in his face. " can you read this?" She begged.

Pulling the book off his face he glanced at it.
"It's just something about Christmas, a stupid human holiday, why do you care?"

"Germany was talking about some of the things he used to do to celebrate it-"

"No."

"Why not? It looks fun-" she whined, reaching for the book now being held out of her reach then turned her head to look at the human drawing with her brothers.

"Bela, I already said no."

"Oh let them have some fun!" Her mother laughed, poking her head out of the kitchen's doorway. " They need something to do, plus what could happen? Nothing bad, certainly. "

He rolled his eye, and growled "Fine. But I'm not helping you." He huffed, throwing the book at her.

"Дзякуй! Дзякуй! Дзякуй! (Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!)" She squeaked.

"English."

The kids on the carpet who were pretending not to be listening, started to chirp excitedly as Belarus jumped off her fathers chair.

Her four siblings sat next to her in the middle of the room.

"Okay germs! What do we need to do, according to this fancy book of yours?" Bela urged. Germany thought for a while before readjusting his glasses. "Well, first we need a tree. Which me and Russia will take care of. Then we need decorations-" "oooo! I'll take care of that!" Kaz shouted before darting up the stairs. "What next?" "Hmmm" He glanced at the book "stockings for some reason, that's new to me. And lastly, cookies to leave out for St Nicholas. " He finished by giving her a recipe with translations.

"Me and Ukraine can take care of these cookies!" Bela volunteered her sister, grabbing the recipe.

"What- no. I'll take care of stocking. I don't bake." Ukraine protested. "мама, will bake with you."

"That will be fast, what will you do after that-" Russia tried to ask the flowered dragon.

"Sleep." She interrupted, sounding like she greatly needed it.

"But-" Bela was about to protest sadly.

"It's fine Belarus. Christmas is about fun, if Ukraine doesn't want to, or doesn't feel well enough too, she doesn't have to. If she wants to join us later in preparations or even when the party starts she can. " Their мама said calmly, to the younger dragon.

"Right" Bela nodded, cheering up, "Feel free to join us!"  Ukraine just nodded as Bela darted into the kitchen to start baking cookies, мама following.

"Well I guess that's our sign to go, right?" Germany asked the eldest dragon who shrugged. "да уж, (yeah,) I'll go get the saw."

"Don't forget your boots, boys!" Mama called from the kitchen.