Chapter 11 I AM!

After about an hour, America decided what animals his family members would be.

Mom would clearly be a poodle

Canada would be a deer or a 'giraffe' that he still refused was a real thing. A platypus, sure, but giraffes aren't real, just some sort of cruel joke.

Aussie would definitely be a spider or some sort of other creepy crawly.

Kiwi was well a.. kiwi. 

For some reason Ireland reminded him of a fox. Quick and clever.

Scotland……definitely a unicorn.

Dad….a very grumpy bulldog. Sitting on the throne with a big frown with slobber rolling down his chops while aggressively drinking tea. Something about imagining him as one of the slobbery fellows, America just found absolutely hilarious. 

He had easily assigned his family members to an animal counterpart..

…But what about himself? No clue.

So instead of thinking more about it he did the more fun option. Pretending that all the wooden animals fought. The winner would clearly be the best and therefore what animal he was. 

The winner was a snail.

Never had he been so offended and so understood at the same time.

~~~~~~~

The siblings worked tirelessly until the sun reached the highest point in the sky, indicating it was break time. While Bela and Kaz went to make lunch, the other two continued to work. 

"Знаєш, якби ти працював швидше і припинив грати в бруді, я б швидко впорався»." (You know if you worked faster and stopped playing in the dirt I could get done faster.)

 Ukie leaned on the fence and looked over and down at the muddy IceClaw.

"Знаешь, если бы ты перестала болтать, я бы сделал это быстрее, к тому же ты тот, кто хотел морковки в первую очередь! Так почему я забочусь о них!?" (You know, if you stopped talking I could get it done faster, plus you're the one who wanted carrots in the first place! So why am I taking care of them!?) He retorted and threw another muddy carrot up to the smaller dragon. Continuing to shift through the dirt he found another one, this one was dead and looked like a shriveled rabbit.

 " It would help if you didn't keep drunk dancing on them." 

Ukraine was about to protest the drunk dancing when Belarus interrupted.

" Давай двое. абед гатовы! And stop fighting already! " (Come on you two. Lunch is ready! And stop fighting already!)

"Coming."  

He picked up the bag of carrots and threw them over his shoulder. Stopping at a fence post where his ushanka was balanced. He brushed off his hands and plopped the hat on his head. 

Entering the kitchen he placed the bag of carrots down on the table. 

"Russia! You're tracking mud all over the house!" She scolded " Go get clean!"

"You're overreacting." He grumbled. "I'm not that muddy." 

Bela narrowed her eyes and snorted " yes you are! Go!" Being shoved out of his chair and house, he moped. 

Dragging his tail along the muddy path pathetically he reached the stream. Looking up, grey storm clouds already took up half of the sky. Huffing he sat and washed his face with a towel he was given before being evicted from his own house. 

Footsteps echoed behind him. Turning around he saw a confused and worried looking human.

Being annoyed just by seeing it he snapped "What do you want?!" He growled and whipped around to continue wiping off his tail.

"I'm ….a bit lost.." He said in a lost child-like tone, he looked genuinely scared, and turned away when Russia glanced back at him. After a few seconds he sat next to him and he played with his hands " um… c-can you help me?"

Rolling his eyes he responded monotonically "Fine, what you want."

The human looked embarrassed, blushing slightly and tapped the tips of his fingers together nervously.

"B-bathroom? Bela told me you had one? I think I went the wrong way or something?" 

Looking at the embarrassed human he pointed to the forest and watched as the human paled and began panicking.

"E-EH-?" 

"Joke."

"W-what???"

"Come on."

He stood up and began walking back to the cabin. Looking back without stopping he let out an amused huff as the human scrambled to catch up to the dragon.

"Wait! " He yelled as he dashed after the walking dragon, still barely making gain. 

Stopping, he waited until the human caught up and picked him up under the arm and just continued walking as if nothing had happened. 

"Let me go!" He hissed and began trying to worm himself out of the dragon's grasp.

"нет." 

" Unhand me foul beast!" He demanded, the embarrassment from before now completely gone.

"нет, your way too slow. Midget." He huffed at the small human.

He looked cartoonishly offended at that and began pouting. "Do you know who you're talking to!?" He barked like one of those small pampered dogs with the way too big attitude.

Huffing at his antics he responded sarcastically "What, were you a son of the most rich of noblemen? The highest and most popular of all the social class, or whatever you humans do?"

"No, I'm a prince." He stated confidentiality.

Bursting out laughing Russia wiped a tear away from his eye. "Y-yeah! And I'm the son of a god!!" The human just glared at the chuckling dragon.

When he recovered some of his breath he muttered  " You're hilarious, small human!"

"I AM! I'M PRINCE AMERICA, THE ELDEST SON OF QUEEN FRANCE AND KING BRITAIN! FUTURE RULER OF AOURO'S!" He shouted loud enough for Russia to cover his ear with his free hand.

Curious, he went along with it.

"Well pipsqueak, oops- I mean FUTURE RULER OF AOURO'S then why are you here?" He poked the human's pouty cheek with a claw only to be viciously swatted away.

"I was attacked by a horrible band of dragon assassins!" He growled clenching his fist dramatically. 

"Uhmh" 

"Seriously!"

"That still doesn't answer how you got here."

"I fell out of a window." He stated.

"And?"

"That's all I can remember!" He huffed.

"Sounds very true, you should become a writer with these stories, maybe you'll become a noble in the distant future."

"You- OOF" 

"Oops." He looked down at the human he 'accidently' dropped.

"What was that for!" He complained standing up and brushing dust off himself.

"We're here." He pointed at another shed "your welcome, your highness" He mockingly bowed.

"Thanks. A lot." The human muttered through clenched teeth.

"The cabins that way" Russia said pointing and wandering in the opposite direction they came. 

"Uh huh." He grumbled as he struggled to get the door open.

"You need help, your majesty?"

"Didn't you leave already, Mr. hilarious? Plus you can just call me America. "

1119 words.

Thanks for reading friends/comrades!