Chapter 14: A Kiss Before Dying (Part 3)

- - - -RIVERDALE HOSPITAL WAITING ROOM- - - -   Hours later, as evening begins to fall ,even more people arrive at the hospital

   Hours later, as evening begins to fall ,even more people arrive at the hospital. As Scott, Veronica, and Jughead are sitting, Betty walks up to her three friends to inform them of what her mom just told her.

Scott: Wait, Archie's where?

Betty: My mom said he's at the sheriff's station, doing a line-up.

Veronica: Well, that's gonna be traumatizing for him. We should all go down there.

Betty: Also, my mom said something about Mr.Andrew's wallet is missing. Archie thinks it might be still be at Pops

Veronica: That, or the guy who shot Fred might have
it.

Betty: Well, if it was just some rando robbing Pop's, then he probably took the money and then got rid of the wallet.

Jughead: Unless it wasn't just some rando.

Scott: Unless it was premeditated in some way.

Betty and Veronica's eyes widen and immediately darts toward the two.

Veronica: What? Is that an actual theory?

Scott: Not according to Sheriff Keller, but if you ask me, people have grudges and enemies.

Jughead: I mean, think of where we live. Fathers are kill their sons. It's entirely conceivable this was a hit.

  The girls wanted to believe it was ridiculous theory, but deep down there was a part of them that possibly believed it to be true.

Betty: Okay, or the wallet's just at Pop's. So the three of us will check it out. Vee, will you stay here and wait for Archie to come back ?

Veronica: Of course, Bee.

Scott: We won't be long.

    Scott leans in to give Veronica a quick kiss, before he heads out with Betty and Jughead to look for Mr. Andrews wallet. Once the trio walks outside, Betty is shocked to see Jughead's new motorcycle.

Betty: A motorcycle?

Scott: Yeah, can you believe it? Our little Jughead has gone full Easy Rider.

Jughead: Shut up. Hop on.

Betty: Without a helmet?

Jughead: You can use mine. Or we can walk. or we could all ride together, in Scotts car. or... we can call your mom...

Betty: Oh. No.

   Betty walks around to back of motorcycle, with Scott watching all this. He gives a slight chuckle, before hopping in his car.

Betty[cont.]: Just go slow, okay?

Jughead: Oh. No, no, no. It's actually much more dangerous if we go slow. You are gonna need to hold tight.