Chapter 19: Death Proof (Part 1)

JUGHEAD VO: In Riverdale, everyone wears a   mask

JUGHEAD VO: In Riverdale, everyone wears a   mask. Not just the Red Knight or the Black Hood. But every so often, the mask slips and our true selves are laid bare, for all the world to see. So we scramble to put it back on, like a kid in a cheap Halloween costume, but it's too late. People have already seen what's underneath... And it's terrifying.

- - - - TAMAKI LODGE - - - -
The next morning, Scott wakes up and sits up at the side of his bed. As Scott rubs the back of his neck, he feels a sharp pain on his hands. He looks down to see the bruises and cuts left on his knuckles. Markings left by his last night beating of Nick St.Claire, who nearly raped Cheryl Blossom. As Scott continues to look at his marks, he then hears his phone chimes.

He sees that Sandra Sanchez, one of the few who knows Scotts secret identity has texted him. In the text, Sandra ask if Scott could walk her to school and Scott types back yes. As Scott goes to check his other messages, he sees that he has not gotten a reply, or a good morning text, from his girlfriend, Veronica Lodge. This raise Scotts curiosity, as he wondered why he hadn't heard from his girlfriend.

- - - - THE SOUTHSIDE - - - -
A few hours later, Scott and Sandra are driving through the town of Riverdale, on there way to school. As they're driving, there's some awkward silence, in the car, almost as if each are waiting for the other to speak.

Sandra: So how'd you sleep?

Scott: Pretty okay. Usual three hours. What 'bout you?

Sandra: I slept good, too.

     The silent returns as the both almost try not to look each other in the eye. As the silence continues, Scott suddenly speaks up and says what Sandra was thinking

Scott: I take it you wanna talk about what happened last night, huh?

   Sandra turns her head and looks at Scott, whose eyes is only focused on the road. Sandra then lets out a deep sigh and begins to speak on what's been bothering her, since last night.

Sandra: Scott you became an entirely different person, last night.

Scott: Yeah, I'm a different person every night.

Sandra: Not like this.

   After saying that, Scott then looks over at her. Sandra could tell that her saying that did truly get to him.

Sandra[cont.]: if I hadn't pulled you off of him... you would have killed him.

Scott: No, I wouldn't have.

Sandra: Are you sure about that?

Scott: Let me ask you this. If that was Toni he roofied and almost raped. What would you have done?

    Scott quickly turns his head and looks at Sandra, for what felt like hours. Sandra is stunned by not only that question, but the anger that came out of Scott's voice. These last couple of days she is seeing a whole new side of him, possibly his true face. Quickly after that, both Scott and Sandra look forward and returning to their silence. As he continues to drive, Scott lets out a deep sigh and begins to speak.