Chapter 16: The Watcher in the Woods (Part 3)

- - - - THE SOUTHSIDE/NIGHT - - - -    That same night Scott is now dressed as The Red Knight, minus the mask, is sitting on the edge of a rooftop, while he's on the phone with his brother Aaron about all the stuff that has gone on today

    That same night Scott is now dressed as The Red Knight, minus the mask, is sitting on the edge of a rooftop, while he's on the phone with his brother Aaron about all the stuff that has gone on today.

Aaron[OTP]: So your girlfriend wants you to meet her Dad, officially, and you're cautious about it? Congratulations, you're officially in a relationship.

Scott[OTP]: It's not about meeting the Dad. It's about the weird feeling I get around him.

Aaron[OTP]: It's because you're nervous. Take it from me when I met Daniels parents, I was scared out of my mind.

Scott[OTP]: No, it isn't that. It's just something isn't right about him. Could you use your contacts, at the F.B.I, to see what you find on him?

Aaron[OTP]: Scott, I don't feel comfortable snooping on your girlfriends Dad.

Scott[OTP]: Please Aaron. I just... I just need to know.

   Through the phone, Aaron could hear the desperation coming from Scott's voice and knew that this had been something he's been think about for awhile. Aaron decides to be the helpful big brother and help him out.

Aaron[OTP]: I'll make some call, see what I can find out.

Scott[OTP]: Thanks

Aaron[OTP]: No problem.

    After Scott hangs up the phone, he takes a deep breath as he puts his Red Knight mask and heads for his nightly patrol. It was on nights like this that he felt the most calm. Jumping on rooftops during a clear moon sky was the same as relaxing on sunny beach, to The Red Knight. As he's enjoying the freedom of his nightly patrol, in the distance a shadowy figure is taking pictures of him. The figure is clearly feminine and is enjoying the sight she is seeing.

- - - - TAMAKI LODGE - - - -
   The next morning, Scott walks the stairs, dressed and ready to head out, to find Aaron sitting alone and drinking a cup of coffee. This was a sight that Scott was starting to get used to

Scott: Morning

Aaron: Morning

Scott: Where's Angus?

Aaron: He went to work.

   Scott then noticed that something was troubling Aaron. Almost as if he saw the true face of God and he couldn't comprehend what he had saw.

Scott: What's wrong?

Aaron: While you were asleep, I did some digging on your girlfriend dad and... it's not pretty.

Scott: What are we talking here?

Aaron: Reports is that he's connected to multiple crime rings, in New York, and he's also a person of interest, relating to some unsolved murders.