Chapter 15: Nighthawk (Part 2)

- - - - TAMAKI LODGE - - - -      The next morning Scott groans as the sun shines through his window, which he winces at

The next morning Scott groans as the sun shines through his window, which he winces at. He turns over and faces the ceiling, as he's getting over a long night. Scott returned home later than usual, not wanting to face whatever his brother wanted to talk about. Moments later, after getting dressed, Scott walks down the stairs to see the unfamiliar sight of his brother making breakfast.

Aaron: Morning, you hungry?

Scott: You could say that.

   Scott takes a seat behind the table as a plate of pancakes, with a side of sausage and eggs, and a cup of orange juice is places in front of him. He begins eating, but Aaron notices something going on with Scott.

Aaron: What's wrong?

Scott: Nothing.

Aaron: Scott, I can tell when somethings bothering you. What's going on?

Scott: It's Jughead's Dad. He's facing 20 years and if he doesn't take the deal, and the case goes to trial... he then could be facing 40 years.

Aaron: Jesus. Did he make a choice?

Scott: No. He said he's gonna play it by ear.

Suddenly, something hits Scott. Maybe there was a way for him to find F.P. a better deal. He then looks up at Aaron.

Scott: Hey Aaron, could you, by chance.

Arron: Scott, wait a minute. From what I gathered, from this case, your friends dad was very involved. The only thing he didn't do was pull the trigger.

Scott: What your "reports" didn't tell you was he was coerced to do it. Clifford Blossom threatened Jughead, if F.P. didn't get involved. I'm not defending what he did, but if you were in his shoes wouldn't you do the same thing?

Aaron: Scott...

Scott: At least think about it, please?

Suddenly, there's a knock at the door. Both Scott and Aaron look over, with Scott shortly later heading toward the door. He opens the door, to see Veronica Lodge on the other side.

Scott: Hey.

Veronica: Hi, wanted to give you a morning surprise.

She kisses Scott on the cheek, as she then walks into Scott's home. As Veronica walks in, Aaron comes from behind the corner, to introduce himself.

Aaron: You must be the famous Veronica Lodge, I've heard so much about. I'm Aaron, Scotts older brother.

Veronica: Oh, Wow! Well, it's certainly nice to finally meet you. Wish I could say I've heard a lot about you.

Aaron: My brother never been one to talk, but he sure can take a punch.

They both laugh, as Scott rolls his eyes. He was both annoyed and embarrassed, by this interaction.