Chapter 15: Nighthawks (Part 1)

JUGHEAD VO: Behold, Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe

JUGHEAD VO: Behold, Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe. For decades, the heart of Riverdale.

    The next morning, after the shooting of Fred Andrews, Jughead arrives at POP's Chock'lit Shoppe to see that it's been vandalized.

Jughead: What the hell?

JUGHEAD VO[cont.]: Now, the latest casualty in the town's ongoing battle against darkness.

  Jughead walks into the diner, and completely empty. Jughead looks over to see a lone Pop, standing behind the counter and is distraught.

Jughead Pop?

Pop Tate: You see? You see what they wrote on my Chock'lit Shoppe?

                  - - - - TAMAKI LODGE- - - -
  The same morning. Scott is walking down the stairs, exhausted from last nights patrol, and sees his brother, Aaron, and Angus sitting at the kitchen counter. The two are enjoying a morning coffee, when they see Scott enter the open kitchen.

Angus: Long night, boyo?

Scott: Nothing I'm not used to. What were you two talking about?

Angus: Just sharing some war stories. You didn't tell me your brother was a vet.

Scott: Hmm, must've escaped my mind.

    As Scott prepares to get ready for school. Aaron has a look on his face, showing he wants to tell Scott something. Aaron looks up at Angus, who tilts his head toward Scott, prompting Aaron to get up from his seat and talk to Scott.

Aaron: Hey Scott. When you get home, we need to talk.

Scott: About what?

Aaron: About... everything, alright?

Scott side eyes Aaron. Deep down he didn't buy this "good older brother" act Aaron was putting on, but he's been hurt so much that whatever ulterior motive Aaron had planned wouldn't affect him, in the slightest.

Scott: Alright, if you want.

Scott grabs his backpack and heads for the front door, leaving Aaron watching his little brother leave. Once Scott leaves, Aaron looks over Angus who just goes back to cleaning the kitchen.

- - - - RIVERDALE HIGH OPEN CAFETERIA- - - -
   Later at school, during lunch ,Jughead is informing all of his friends on what's happened at Pop's Diner.

Jughead: It's another win for the bad guys. No one was there. His entire staff quit. He says he's not sure how long he'll be able to keep the doors open, maybe not even a week.

Archie: It's because of what happened to my dad. People are freaking out. And I gotta be honest, guys, I don't see myself going back any time soon.

Betty notices the defeat in all of there eyes and can't believe what they're seeing.