Chapter 18: When a Starnger Calls (Part 2)

- - - - TAMAKI LODGE - - - -    The next evening Scott, Angus, and Aaron are all standing in front of their "murder board"

   The next evening Scott, Angus, and Aaron are all standing in front of their "murder board". As Scott is telling them what Betty had told him, last night.

Angus: So, the Black Hood called the Cooper girl?

Scott: That's what she said, but I feel like she's not giving me the whole story. Why her of all people?

Aaron: Maybe he knows her parents are journalists and wants his story out there.

Scott: So why not blackmail her parents? Something is not right, here. There's a piece missing from this puzzle.

    Suddenly, Scott gets a ping from his phone. He pulls out and checks it and immediately groans as he remembers where he has to be that night.

Scott[cont.]: Ugh, right. I have to go.

Angus: Where are you going?

Scott: Gotta meet Veronica's old friend, from New York, I won't be long.

                  - - - - THE PEMBROKE - - - - 
    A few hours later, Scott arrives at the Pembroke. As Scott walks in the front door an unfamiliar voice is heard from his right ear. He looks over to see that the unfamiliar voice is attached to an unfamiliar face. This was The Lodges' new doorman/butler André.

André: Can I help you?

Scott: Yeah. Um, where's Smithers?

André: He's out of town. I'll be taking over front desk duties until he comes back.

   Before Scott could pry more out of André and exactly what was happening, he then looks over to see Veronica and her friend Nick St.Clair walking towards him, to greet him.

Veronica: Scott, you made it!

  Veronica leans in, to kiss Scott on the cheek. As he and Veronica share a kiss Scott's eyes look over to Nick St.Clair, who gives him a smug look. Scott was beginning to feel uneasy about this guy.

Veronica[cont.]: Scott, I'd like you to meet Nick St.Clair. Nick this is my knight in shining armor, Scott.

Scott: Nice to meet you.

Nick St.Clair: Charmed. Any friend of Ronnie, especially the lucky Chad who stole her heart is a friend of mine.

Veronica: Now, now. Play you two.

   Veronica then lead the two boys to the elevator, so they could return to her family's apartment and enjoy dinner. As Scott sat at the glass table, among the wealthy, he couldn't help but overhear the moving police sirens and alarm noises coming from outside. As much as he wanted to bolt up and run toward where he was most needed, he knew that Veronica would possibly never forgive him. After dinner, the two boys and Veronica go back to her room to continue the party,