Chapter 19: Death Proof (Part 2)

- - - - POP's CHOCK'LITT SHOPPE - - - -     Later that evening, after school, Scott meets up with Sandra, at Pop's, to catch up on the latest events and to celebrate her getting out of the slammer

    Later that evening, after school, Scott meets up with Sandra, at Pop's, to catch up on the latest events and to celebrate her getting out of the slammer. As the two sit at the booth, Pop Tate comes by with their order.

Sandra: Thanks Pop.

Scott: You can always count on a good milkshake to brighten up even your darkest day.

Sandra: Amen to that.

Scott: So how was it, being in the doghouse?

Sandra: Eh, I've been in worse places.

Scott: Really? You? That's hard to believe.

   The two share a laugh, something that has become a rarity in their recent life.

Scott[cont.]: So how'd you guys get bailed out?

Sandra: Apparently, Mayor McCoy was just holding us while she was searching the school, for any Jingle-Jangle.

Scott: Did she find any?

Sandra: Of course but it wasn't linked to us so she let us go.

Scott: Well that's good, at least

Sandra: This Jingle-Jangle business is getting out of hand. I heard that there maybe another shipment coming in.

Scott: That's null and void, if we don't find out who's supplying it. Once we find them and take him down, than it'll be easier to get rid of the remaining shipments.

Sandra: That's easier said than done. How the hell are we even gonna find who's supplying it.

    As almost on cue, Scotts feels something vibrating, in his book-bag. He goes to open and in there he finds that his Knight phone is the one causing the ringing.

Scott: I may have a way. I'll be right back.

   Scott takes the phone and heads to the bathroom, leaving Sandra to wonder what the issue could be. Once Scott enters the diner bathroom he locks the door behind and goes into a nearby stall. Before he answers, he gets into Red Knight mode and once he's clear of thought he answers the phone.

Scott[OTP]: Ms.Cooper?

Betty[OTP]: Hi. Yes, it's me.

Scott[OTP]: What seems to be the issue?

Betty[OTP]: So, I just got a call from the Black Hood. He told me about someone who calls himself The Sugarman.

Scott[OTP]: The Sugarman?

Betty[OTP]: Apparently, he's the one who makes the drug and originally supplied them to Clifford Blossom.

Scott[OTP]: Hmm. Could explain the rise of Jingle-Jangle hitting the street. See what more info you can find out and let me know, okay?