Chapter 10: You Can Run, But You Can't Hide - Part 2

The sky outside was dark and gloomy: red clouds with orange lightning. It was angry. Furious. Raging.

Inside the cabin, Joyce watched the front door. Her fingers tapped against the table impatiently. She had just got Hopper back: she wasn't sure what she would do if she lost him again.

She jumped up as the door swung open.

Hopper.

She ran to him; wrapping her arms around him and holding on tightly. The faint sound of footsteps could be heard from beside her. Opening her eyes, she saw El.

Joyce pulled away, allowing El to hug her father. She turned to Murray with a grin. "Thanks for doing this."

"Anything for you, Joycey," he smiled sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes, "ha ha."

"Hey," Hopper smiled as Eleven gave him a disapproving stare. "I know. I should have told you. I'm sorry." He glanced to his friends beside him. "This is Enzo. Remember? I told you about him."

El smiled shyly, "hi."

"Hello there."

The door blasted open once more; this time with a lot more force. Eleven gasped at the sight before her.

Steve was limping: the body of Eddie Munson slung over his shoulders. Nancy and Dustin struggled to help them through the door. They were all covered in a red slime; tired and stressed.

"Eddie?!" Mike exclaimed, jogging over to the group.

Dustin turned to him with a grim expression. "We need to burn this shit out of him!"

_______

The group got to work immediately. Grabbing heaters from below the floorboards and placing them in the empty room.

Hopper took Eddie from Steve's exhausted frame; tying him carefully to a wooden chair. A ring of heaters surrounded him.

They turned the power on.

Slowly, his eyes began to flutter open; uncomfortable murmers escaping his trembling lips.

He glanced around at his surroundings: his eyes fueled by wrath and pain.

It wasn't long after that, when his body started shaking uncontrollably; agonized screams reflecting his pain.

Dustin hid behind Steve as he watched his friend; tears streamed down his cheeks. "He's dying..."

Nancy shook her head. "No... look."

Vickie and Robin held hands as they watched a cobweb of darkness tattoo Eddie's neck.

It was terrifying to see someone in that much agony. Especially someone that was considered a friend.

Mike gripped Will's wrist beside them. He stared at his old Dungeon Master with wide, pained eyes.

It was an unusual feeling Will felt as he watched the shadow monster leave Eddie. Knowing that he was in that position. That he screamed as loud as him. That he was in that much pain. It was scary to think about. He felt awful for those who had to watch him like that.

The shadow monster erupted from Eddie's mouth; a storm of darkness. It smashed through the glass window as it left.

Everyone remained quiet while they watched Eddie's body slump forward.

Joyce quickly turned the power off as Dustin hesitantly approached his friend.

"Eddie?" His voice croaked.