chapter 11

Drip.. Drip... Drip..

There was an extraordinary annoying drip, that seemed never ending. It was all you could make out in your Semi- conscious state. Slowly, you go to sit up, only to feel that you've been tied down, opening your eyes you look around. An unfamiliar location, dark, it resembled a basement.. There was a bunch of test tubes on the desk across from you, as well as some books and mechanical parts. You look down at your arm, only to noticing the many bandaids from shots, you head felt dizzy, almost fainting. You were quickly brought to your sense when you heard someone enter the room. Torn on weather you should pretend to sleep or address the person you froze.

“awake? Finally.” the voice was masculine and calm. The mysterious person walked to the desk which was in your view, from the back of his head you could see that he had light blue hair, almost being a mint-ish color. He turned towards you with another needle in hand “this one should break down the poison in your body.” he squirted it a bit before smiling. His mask was the most distracting part of his outfit, a long one that went a bit past his chin, and pointed out near the end.

Your eyes immediately went to the needle, it was most definitely too big. “scared?” he approaches you, placing Gloved hand beneath your chin, chuckling. “you'll be fine, I'm a doctor after all.” while keeping his.. Eyes? They went visible to you at least... Trained on yourself while slowly inserting the needle, you release some grunts, the pain if something so large entering your body being terrible. Although as he pumps the liquid into your arm he slowly pulls the needle out, backing away from you and grabbing a bandage. “good, good very good. No tears” your arm felt extremely heavy from how much was inside you, but apart from that he untied you.

You went to stand, stumbling a bit before catching your balance. You can see his busy writing something, walking over to peek you can see it's just the side effects of the shot, writing more down after testing it on you. He turned and looked down to you “interested? If you ever want to stop hanging out with the balladeer and childe then you can come work with me.” he walks past you, leaving you alone in the empty room. Looking at yourself you suddenly realize that this whole time you've been in one of those thin paper feeling hospital dresses, looking at the desk you were able to find the clothes you were wearing before.. The mirror maiden outfit. While trying to put it on your arm started hurting terribly bad, resulting in you staying in the hospital outfit.

You walk out the door that you seen the 'doctor' leave out of, it was so cold that your feet almost stuck to the floor, you kept walking, freezing in the outfit you were wearing, it was clear that you were back in snezhnaya, but you didn't know the area. “ah! Miss!” you turn around to see another man, with dark hair and glasses. “you shouldn't be walking out in that kind of outfit.” he looks at your arm that was wrapped up, “oh.. Your arm must've been hurt.” he removes his coat and places it on your shoulder, zipping it up. “alright.. We should get you new clothes anyway” it was mostly amazing to you how you hadn't said a single word he still understood what you needed. “ah yes, call me Regrator. And your name is?” after repeating the name in your head you multiple times to remember it you responded “Y/N-” you were cut off by him speaking again “Y/n! What a great name.” he picks you up, “you have no shoes, I don't recommend walking in snow barefoot.” you found him.. Friendly? He must be a coworker of childe.

Holding onto you, he exits the building. Still carrying you to the nearest shopping district in the area. Once making it to one he goes around with you, picking out an outfit, asking 'do you like this?' At every piece of clothing, I'd you said yes he'd put it on the fatui agent behind him to hold, after around 30 minutes he finishes your shopping, taking you to the front counter and paying. Once you get shoes on he finally sets you down. “you look fantastic.” you turn to him and smile a little. “uhm... Thank you for this.” he nods, smiling. “so I heard you were training under childe, he has quite the thirst for battle, it's impressive that you were able to get him to train you. How'd you two meet.” he walks out of the store, allowing you to hold onto his arm while the both of you walk. “well it's... He saved my life.” he hums in silence. “oh yes, the balladeer said that he wanted you back as soon as possible, but with the shot dottore gave you it'd be better for you to at least stay another week.”

You nod “what does the shot do? It's.. Only made my arm hurt.” he keeps the smile on his face “we don't know yet. It's to battle the poison that was inside of you, but as for side effects.. Let's say you're the first to receive this shot.” ... Silence.. “so.. It.. Could injure me? And.. He wouldn't have even known about the possibility because I'm the first to use it?” the tall male nods. “exactly!” a nervous sweat runs down your forehead. “oh, you'll probably be fine though, I mean you're fine right now.” from the way he spoke it was very clear that he wasn't aware of how health or even shots worked, “Mhmm.. So if I'm staying for another week then, where should I stay?” you made it back to the building. “you'll probably be staying with dottore in one of his labs, it's fine I believe it's in Liyue, so it won't be so cold there.” you nod, you didn't know anything about this 'dottore' person, but connecting 2 + 2 you were able to figure out that he was the doctor. “you should probably wait in the room you awoke in, he'll be here soon.” opening the door to the lab for you, he waves to you goodbye and you do the same, watching him pull the door closed.