chapter 21

His grip around your arm had made it start to give way, going numb while he repeated the question. “Tell me. What, were, you, snooping, through..?” you swallow a lump in your throat. “i-it was no-” you're suddenly interrupted as another scream from scaramouche erupts from the locked door. Clearly the strange younger dottore heard it as well, his head rising looking towards the room. Using this as a chance you elbow him directly in the jaw, although it didn't seem to hurt him, it did surprise him for long enough. You slipped away, Making your way back to the door, starting to pound on it once more.

The clone stood up, grabbing you by the arm. Whereas the doctor you knew rarely showed his teeth, this one seemed to be quite the opposite, exposing his shark-like teeth. He grabs onto you, and the two of you struggle against each other against the big door. It only took moments for the doctor to open the door, his intention being to tell you to leave, instead he was met by you and his clone falling back on top of him, bringing him down to the floor. “ugh... You two..”

Although he was talking you didn't hear a thing, your whole being more focused on scaramouche, on the operation table. You grabbed the younger dottore by the hair, smashing his head into the doctor. Before even seeing if it worked you got up, attempting to run towards scaramouche, however your attempts were futile as the doctor grabbed you by the back of your head, pulling you back down towards him, looking up at him you could see the blood, how it trickled down from his head to your forehead. He had a handful of your hair, sighing in annoyance. “how.... Disrespectful.” he tilts his head up, looking towards another clone. “take her. Take her away and don't bring her back.” he looked down at you, watching you momentarily before his clone had come and grabbed you.

“WH-WAIT NO! SCA-” You were cut off as you were thrown over the clones shoulder, the view of the bleeding doctor slowly fading away. You were unsure of what this thing was. What is a ""'clone""' ? You struggle, trying to get off of his shoulder, eventually falling to the ground, thinking you were free you got up, ready to run back. Although almost as soon as you stood up he forced you back to the floor. “you're staying here..” the clone slammed the door behind you, leaving you in total silence and absolute darkness.

The bricks of the wall, uneven and unkept, the floor had accumulated dirt and grime over the years, you were so unaware of the feeling, your chest feeling as if it was caving in, beads of sweat running down your forehead as you felt and odd sense of familiarity, it slowly creeping back into your mind, memories you had repressed for over 3 years, the basement, your father. The heartless and countless amount of times he had hit you. The sting of his hand, slapping the same spot on your cheek for a 5th time. The smell of liquor, strong. The sound of the blood splattering against the wall.. The feeling of years running down your cheeks.

Tears, those had been very real, as you had been crying in the current moment, being unable to hold it in, they fell from your eyes for minutes, hours, you didn't know, you had very little sense of time to begin with, and the pitch black room did not help. Your silent tears soon became sobs, loud and raw, the bottled up feelings released themselves, you hadn't even noticed that you had fallen over. Your mind being in the past, vivid memories of the abuse, vivid memories of how you wished your father would have just ended it all back then.. And maybe then you wouldn't be locked in this room.

It had probably gone on for hours, your throat sore and hoarse from the sobbing and crying, lying on the ground in a fetal position, not noticing the door opening until you heard the shoes of someone entering, you didn't bother to look up, only to quiet your cries. Although hiding them would be too late as your eyes were Reddened and puffy, tears still on your cheeks.

A hand pulls you up, you immediately think it's scaramouches so you don't struggle, it rests you on it's chest, which you hug into momentarily, looking up, suddenly realizing that it was not scaramouche who had been caressing your head, petting you and comforting you, and that it was dottore, his mask had been removed as he looked down and watched you, you could tell it was the one you had hit a while ago because there was a bandage on his forehead. You had no idea how to react, you weren't sure he was even real. He reached down, wiping a tear from your cheek.

“my... Does this room give you bad memories.?” you nod slowly, your eyes fixated on him, was this just another illusion? Had you gone mad in all the time you had been locked in here. Although you were proven wrong, as the doctor physically picked you up, exiting the room with you in his arms, almost in a bridal style. As he carries you out if the room, you couldn't help but look around, the room scaramouche had been in was gone. “ah... Are you thinking of the Balladeer? Do not worry, he has already started his venture to sumeru.” as he finishes his sentence he puts you on a bed, covering you with a blanket.

He released a sigh, seemingly disappointed in himself. “I know how you feel about the balladeer.. The cicin mage you... Disposed of that night.. I know everything you've done, when you broke into his house... Even the very moment childe.. "Saved" you” he presses a hand against your cheek. To which you shudder, leather being cold. “I know everything...”