chapter 22

Being looked after by the doctor, once more. Hadn't you just escaped this place not even a week ago? You outstretch a hand, feeling the plush and lush sheets on the bed you were on. Yes this was the same place, but he had been treating you differently, your example? The bed you're in right now. Before you had been sleeping in a padded white uncharacteristic room, and now you were resting in his personal room, where he was 1/3 of the time.

You sat up, your body has been limp since you'd been locked in that room by.. A "clone", your feelings were a jumbled mess of sadness, your heart throbbing every time you thought of scaramouche, your eyes were red from rubbing tears away, luckily the doctor wasn't present most of the time, but even then, the undeniable feeling of loneliness had been flowing through your veins, making the urge to move less and less present, with a sigh you sit up, looking around at the walls, which had been covered with pictures, pictures of human dissections, pictures of a large building, with the words sumeru written beneath, and a few more of.. Other versions of himself, numbered from 1 to 250, such a large number had been incomprehensible to yourself, as you've never been taught pass 100.

You slip off the bed, your feet hitting against the cold tiles of the room, causing a chill to run from your feet up to your neck, you quickly make your way out of the room, walking around the laboratory with little to nothing on, the only thing keeping you warm being the night gown on your back, what had you been looking for? Nobody knew, and neither did you. As you walk around aimlessly you hear a shriek from a room down the corridor, followed by a scream, one of death, fear, and everything that followed. A part of you knew, this was dottore once more, like the last time how he had experimented on that woman, the one you used to escape.

"a chance... " that's all you had been thinking, starting to wonder if he actually cared if you stayed or not, did he not know that this is a repeat of the very same situation that you used to get out last time? You turned on your naked heels, making your way across the cold floors to the room which had the window you crawled out of last time, practically sprinting down the hallway, although you didn't know the way to sumeru, you knew that there was no way scaramouche was there yet, scaramouche had made it sound distant in the few times you actually talked about it, with that feeling in your heart you attempts to escape, the want to see scaramouche were both growing. You opened the door, immediately bumping into something, when did he put a wall here? You take a step back and look up, realizing it was that one.. Clone, who had locked you up..

He looks down at you, blank staring. Obviously he seems to want to be aggressive, but something is holding him back, as if he was given orders or something. He sighs and grabs your arm, dragging you away from the room, back up the stairs, and into the bedroom, he almost throws you onto the bed, he grabs the blanket trying to tuck you in like a child, which didn't last very long as you started moving. He groaned, pushing you down and covering you with the blanket again, using his body weight to keep you still. "go back to sleep.." he seemed terribly tired of you in general.

Although he was more aggressive, it reminded you of when the other doctor had slept with you, and it made you sleep faster as well, so perhaps that was what he was trying to do? You sighed, knowing that you'd get nowhere with this version of the doctor. You pull your hands out from under the cover, and you could already tell that he was readying to put them back under but before he could your wrapped your arms around him, pulling him close into you. You were completely unaware that this could translate into a form of affection. But he knew, and apparently he didn't want any part of this, of you, of what dottore had in store for you...

                                 °°°

Tartaglia began his trip home, not wanting teucer to follow him to liyue, after all, the fatui had long since gotten the geo gnosis, and the boat for his department had arrived. Of course it wasn't that easy, it never is. As he went to board the ship a geohatcher stopped him, politely in fear of coming off as disrespectful. “Master childe, we have been ordered to inform you that you must see to the new recruits.” childe had wanted to roll his eyes, 'god I just wanted to see Y/N and my siblings..' He shakes his head, pushing such thoughts out of his head, he knew he was loyal to the beloved Tsritsa. “Alright, I'll see to it that I interview them. Please keep the ship here waiting for my return.” the fatui Soldier nods, as Childe makes his way to the bank to tell them about his whereabouts, on the way there he sees a familiar face, no two! “heyyy! Big brother!” the child runs towards Tartaglia, latching onto his waist and hugging him oh so tightly.

“T-Teucer! My goodness what are you doing here!?”
...
It was a long conversation, and an even longer time trying to interview the new fatui recruits with his little brother trying to cling onto him, of course he wanted to spend time but this would he much harder to cover up. To make it up to teucer childe takes him, along with the traveler to find some ruin guards, since those are his favorite. “well, I do believe I know where a large portion of my Cyclops are.. Made!” he guides teucer, as well as the traveler towards a place where he was sure ruin guards were.

It had been a few days since you last left the room, this whole time dottore had been giving you food, which had an aftertaste of medicine, gross medicine. It left your head pounding, your vision blurry, and even some times knocking you out. Anytime you asked anything about scaramouche he decided to feed you, it was all cold food, icy even.

One day he had appoched you, and you were expecting more of his cold and frankly disgusting food. “Y/N..look at me.” you do, noticing that he had lowered himself all the way to his knees to be on the same level as you, he grabs your hand, unable to feel your skin due to his gloves, while lightly massaging your hand he pulls out a small item from his pocket, a rather expensive item from the looks of it.

He slowly slides it onto your finger, a cold, metal circular item, which had an expensive gemstone attached to the top, what was this called agai- “it's a ring.” you nod unsure of why your stomach was suddenly turning. “I've heard of your backstory, I'm well aware.. You have no idea what a wedding is.” he holds onto your hand, pulling it towards his face before planting a kiss on it. “I fully intend to show you..”

I feel like hate will arrive with this chapter. ✨