chapter 13

You find yourself, dreaming, of him. Dreaming of how he looks at you, and others, about how he does his hair, about what he looks like when he sleeps. You dream, realizing that he's been alone for so long.. What could be happening? Are you replaced, already? Does he have someone new in the hotel with him? Is it... A girl?

You shot awake in an instant, hair messy and very sweaty, you look around, noticing that you are not with the balladeer, rather you are with the doctor. He seems.. To be asleep on the bed, although you can't be sure if he's actually sleeping because he's still wearing that face mask. You get up, noticing how dark it was, it must be very late. You approach the man, who doesn't respond when you hold your hand anywhere near him. Lowering your hand you go to turn around, only for him to grab your hand suddenly, surprising you. “my, my, can't sleep? You're going to want to sleep while you can.” you look around, while he keeps the death grip on your wrist, making you feel like he could snap it if he so pleases. “i-i... Just had a bad dream, that's.. Al-” very suddenly you're pulled into the bed with dottore, your face resting in his chest. His motives? You weren't sure.

You were close enough to his chest to be able to hear a heartbeat, so he isn't a puppet like scaramouche.. “if you're so afraid of sleeping alone, I'll grant you this luxury.” He places his hand on the back of your head, petting you? What is this? You recall seeing Childe and his younger brothers do something similar. Cuddling? Is that what's going on? Why? Even then, it seemed the death grip remained, unable to leave, you close your eyes, confused with his actions, isn't an action like this.. Supposed to be shared with people you are close with? As your thinking you notice your vision starting to fade, and a scent. Did he release some kind of sleeping gas? You just barely managed to look up at him before falling asleep....

You wake up the next morning, sitting up slowly and rubbing your eyes, the bed beside you is empty, so maybe he had somewhere to be. You sit up, walking towards the bathroom, in doing so you hear the shower running, now being able to assume where he was you returned to the bed, sitting down and waiting until he got out. Truthfully, you did not want to go to his lab. In fact what you wanted to do was get back to inazuma. It's been.. Very long.. Since you've seen him. Thinking about him makes your cheeks flush up, a bright pink, while at the same time dottore walks out of the bathroom. “hello, did you sleep better this time.” you look up from the floor, noticing that he was drying his hair, although it looked better when wet. “oh.. Yes I did.” he smiles. Suddenly that's when you realize that he's not wearing his mask. He walks over too you, bending down a little to get to your level. “great.. But don't get comfortable with that, it was simply a one time thing.. To help my patient sleep comfortably.” almost as if you've absolutely forgotten who you were talking to you reach your hand out.

You touch his cheek, noticing how surprisingly soft it was for a man like him, you caress his cheek a few times, meanwhile he seems to be looking at you, brows furrowed in confusion. You reach out your other hand, now having one hand on each of his cheeks, you smile. “I've never seen you without the mask” you look around his face, taking in all his features, while trying to ignore his intense stare with his blood red eyes. He places a hand on your wrist, slowly removing your hand from his face. “yes, yes. I suppose I've accidentally given you a luxury like that as well.” he gets up, turning away to put his mask on. “perhaps I should remove it more often...” he sighs. “oh yes, we're almost there. Get your stuff- well you don't really have anything... Alright, follow me.” you get up, following closely behind dottore, as you exit the room you shared with dottore the past might, you see a line up of fatui personnel. Every odd one out would look at you, wondering what you, some No Name and random person was doing with someone like dottore. You managed to ignore them, finally making up to the deck, where Liyue was clearly visible. It felt much better compared to the freezing temperatures of snezhnaya. If you weren't used to them then your sure you would've frozen this fine around.

The ship docks, and everyone who was on the ship gets off, in while everyone gets off you manage to spot that boy again, kazuha, he notices you too, and waves. Which you return. You watch as his face slowly turns to one of happiness to one of shock and worry, confused you turn, the doctor standing there, also waving at kazuha. Does kazuha know of the doctor. The doctor releases an annoyed "tch" before grabbing your hand and walking away. You turn back and see kazuha, who was once stationary was running towards you two as fast as possible. That's when the doctor began to pick up his speed as well, not wanting to cause a confrontation. Even though he knew that if he so pleased so he'd most likely be able to kill the inazuman.