chapter 23

The next few days have been hustle and bustle, there had been multiple instances where dottore would try to talk to you, but he had always ended up getting called away.

"ah, how are you today sweetheart?" the nickname, sweetheart? What's that, a term of endearment?? I've only seen people use that with siblings.. I suppose there's a romantic version as well. The doctor hastily kneeled down to your level, in his hand was a plate.. That wasn't the usual food.. You could see the steam, the steam coming off of it, showing that it had been hot. And the smell.... It was.. Delicious. Of course he noticed you eyeing the food, a soft chuckle escaping his masked lips. “Are we hungry?” instinctively, you nod your head, mouth practically watering.. Dottores cold foods were gross, but this one had looked like the best meal you've ever seen.

“Alright, open wide.” you do so, and you feel a portion of the food, delivered on a fork enter your mouth... It taste like nothing else you've ever eaten before, which ultimately made you want more. “how did that taste? I had some free time to make you a full meal today.... I've taken the whole day off to be alone with you.” his hand reaches up and rests on your cheek, his thumb caressing your lips as he watches you swallow the food. “positively adorable. I cannot believe Tartaglia had been hiding you away all this time.” his eyes, which were not visible to you had begun to focus on yours.

“ah.... I suppose if I'm relaxing,, I can remove this pesky mask.” he slowly removes his hand from your cheek, and removes his mask. Truly, the sight of his face amazes you everytime. “in awe? It's alright. I aimed be more surprised if you weren't..” your eyes lock into one anothers, the tension rising as the silence set in further, his hand slowly latching onto yours, rubbing the pad of his glove against the gem. “ah, yes. My bride to be, tell me, are you excited to spend the rest of your life with me.? And Me alone.” your brows furrowed, swallowing harshly. “but... What.. About Scaramouc-” as his name just barely began to escape your lips dottores hand tightened around your own, by his expression he was becoming irritated with how often you mentioned Scaramouche.

“Tell me. Do you love me? Are you excited to spend the rest of your mortal life with me?” his grip on your hand had became insufferable, being tight enough to where it had began hurting. His grip had been insisting you to say yes, and the pain was starting to hurt more and more every second that he continued to squeeze your hand in an almost bone crushing way. “y-yes I am!” upon hearing your words his grip loosend, a smile spreading across his face as he stood up, placing a hand beneath your chin, tilting it up towards him. “Good... Good, my pretty bride.” taking advantage of how you had been looking directly up towards him, he lowers himself, his lips inches from yours, the redness of your face becoming ever so present. You can feel it, his warm breath against your lips, “I assure you.... You will not regret becoming wed to me” his hand slithers to the back of your head, pressing your lips against his, your soft delicate lips being devoured by his hungry ones, ones that seemed passion filled, too much for the amount of time you've known him. In an attempt to lean back, and pull yourself away, mostly due to embarrassment, you instead ended up pulling him onto the mattress with you....

Lips craving more of yours, his hand running through your hair, as the other slithers up and down your back, rubbing soft circles into it, he feels your heartbeat, he enjoys the melody of your pulse speeding up, his hand slowly glides across your skin, from your back to your front, he carefully allows it to feel up, his hand resting on your chest, still clothed and yet he already seemed to have lost himself in you. His hand slowly leaves your hair as he reaches down, taking both of his gloves off, his hands had been large, warn, they had been riddled with scars and other marks that you couldn't identify the origin from.. He breaks the kiss momentarily; taking a breath before delving right back in, meanwhile his hands begin to unbutton the front of your shirt, the delicate fabric working with him to remove itself from your body. As he expected, your shirt slips off your shoulders, leaving your chest fully exposed.