chapter 18

It was by no means a smooth ride, the amount of times you had thought that you were going to fall off a cliff when in reality it was just a large bump were more than you could count, although scaramouche had assured you that you would not be hurt at all, which had immediately settled you down, your attention now being less on the bumps and the bouncing of the cart, and more of the breathtaking sight in front of you, scaramouche of course. Without even noticing it you had begun to stare at him, your eyes glued to his face. This action did not go unnoticed, while you were in a trance like state, blush starting to spread across your face scaramouche had turned towards you. “what are you looking at?” before you thought about what to say you had responded, with as much honesty as possible. “... You.. ”

He looks.. A bit surprised, clearly now he could feel your eyes burning through his very own. He looks around frantically, trying to find something to change the subject on, coming up empty handed he just decides that he needs to block your face, he places his hand on your face, primarily covering your eyes, which had left you reasonably shocked, although you couldn't deny that having him make contact with you, skin-to-skin was much nicer than looking at him. His hands were so soft, but temptation got the better of you, taking his hand and bringing it down from your eyes to your cheek, nuzzling into his hand, in the meantime he had just sat there shocked, admittedly his cheeks had seemed to be a tint red, although he wouldn't ever admit it.

As you go to intertwine your fingers with his other hand you were rudely interrupted by whoever had been driving the cart, telling you that you had made it to your destination, with a fairly disappointed look you slowly let go of scaramouche, although disappointed on the out side, you were glad that someone had stopped you, your heart was just about to burst from the physical contact. Scaramouche nods and gets out of the cart, holding out a hand to help you out, you get out quickly, grabbing onto his hand, although you weren't sure what exactly he was trying to do with his hand, as the cart wasn't difficult to get out of at all, embarrassingly you had thought that he had wanted to hold you hand, like they did in stories that Tonia would tell.

“.. Uh.. ” was the only sound you heard from scaramouche as you had held his hand while walking, while he didn't out right tell you to let go he seemed nervous to be seen, holding some mortals hand, a Mortal who wouldn't be able to compare to his godlike potential, although he still seemed fine with it once he was out of the open. Entering the factory where it seemed fatui had been creating delusions.. Delusions.. Isn't that something Tartaglia had mentioned before..

Scaramouche had practically dragged you deeper into the factory, the smoke covering the ground had caught your attention, scaramouche looked at you, then your eyes. “just be careful of your emotions” he sits on a wooden chair, lying in wait for something, or more like.. Someone.

Overtime the sound of fatuus being Slaughtered throughout the house had become louder and louder, until a blonde haired traveler bursted into the room, anger across his face as his sword stayed drawn. He looked around till his eyes landed on scaramouche, “you...” a smirk appeared on scaramouches face, as he stepped forward, although you wanted to listen, you slowly started to space out.

And you didn't space back in until you saw a sudden pink blur, coming back you realized it was the pretty lady from when you had first made it to inazuma, you didn't have much time to process as scaramouche grabbed your hand and ran, something in his hand as he pulled you along, a huge smile spreading across his face as he tightly held whatever was in his hand.

He had taken you to some secret Hideout, placing you on a chair right, getting on his knees in front of you. “this... This is a gnosis.. I'm trusting you with this secret. .. I'm a p-” you immediately interrupt him, a smile on your face “a puppet! Yes, dottore told me” you grabbed onto his hand that wasn't holding the gnosis. “he said that you being a puppet was the reason you seemed to be lacking a heart beat when I snu-” stopping yourself you realized that you had almost exposed that you snuck into his house once, “when you what..?” taking a deep breath to calm yourself, you think of an excuse. “when i-i... Had.. To sneak a blanket over you one night, I was giving you a blanket and.. Slipped, so I landed on your bed, and that's when I heard the lack of the heartbeat.!” he slowly nods his head, half way believing what you had said. “okay.. Well.. This mission is complete.. I have the next phases to do.. I should send you back to chil-” back? Leave you? Never see you again? Why would.. Anyone agree. I don't. “W-wait! I can help.. ” he shakes his head standing up, turning around. “no I don't think you c...”

Almost on instinct you stand up as well, wrapping your arms around him, hugging onto him tightly. “please.. Can.. I stay with you?” his hands reach to yours, squeezing yours harshly.. “I.. I can't... I can't be betrayed.. Not agai-” squeezing onto him tighter you slowly pulled him down with you as you sat, “I won't, I won't betray you...”

“You betrayed me!!” yelled teucer to his older sister as she told his older brother, Anthon where he had been hiding in a game of hide and seek. “betrayed?” y/n asked in a curious voice. Teucer nodded, “betrayed! She broke our promise! I told her where I was going to hide, and she told! Tonia is lucky it wasn't a pinky promise!” betrayed.. Broke a promise? Like.. Like father did with the fatui? Broke the promise.. Of paying them back..

“I won't betray you, Scaramouche. I pinky promise..” he takes a deep breath, holding his hand out to intertwine your Pinky's, although you knew well enough that even if he tried to send you back to that frozen over hell, you would find him, but he didn't know that. And he didn't need to know that information at all. At least, not now that you had done a pinky promise..

“You make a pinky promise, you keep it all your life. You break a pinkie promise, I throw you on the ice. The cold will kill the pinkie that once betrayed your friend, the frost will freeze your tongue off so you never lie again!” “what does that mean?” “that means that you should never break a pinky promise!” “okay teucer