Chapter 2 - Meeting Suitors

RILEY

I have eaten many uncomfortable meals, but this dinner set the bar. Snake Bites and Tats sat on either side of Margret; so close their thighs touched hers. Cuddler kept watchful eyes on her, blatantly attempting to ignore my gaze. He failed.

Finishing the last of my pizza, I savored the last of the cheesy and herbed crust while a pile of wing bones and a piece of a bun bore testament to the hunger I previously experienced. My chow finished, I sat back waiting for the others to finish.

Reading the room, Margret wanted to avoid the coming discussion, her body trembling with the force of her bouncing knees. Her shoulders slumped, her head hung, and her bangs fell over her face. I'm pretty sure I saw a tear slip off the tip of her nose, but I can't be sure.

The trio seemed to vibrate with nervous energy. The boys before me were ready to fight or flee, depending on how I approached this situation. All three seem to exude protective energy towards her, whether passing her napkins, refilling her plate and drink, or reassuring her. At least they aren't complete wastes of oxygen. They could have taken off when I demanded everyone leave, but they stuck by her.

The questions in my mind are piling up, but I push them down in favor of assessing the critical questions. I want to have this situation resolved as a win-win. A win for me? My home is not party central, especially without my knowledge and permission. Knowing she is practicing safe, sane, and consensual sex.

A win for her? Confidence in her sexual desires and not coerced into some guys' fantasy object. She should enjoy a healthy relationship with the partner of her choice. This indiscretion should not cause her to lose friends over this experience.

A win for us? Looking at one another in the eyes, and discussing this rationally, is my highest priority. No hard feelings between us would be preferred, outside the temporary embarrassment of these circumstances.

I watch Cuddler sit up straighter, rolling his muscular shoulders back. Is he attempting to intimidate me? I hear the whoosh of a deep breath taken and released in resignation.

So which elephant in the room do I address first? Margret's proclivity for knots? I recognize the expertise, so she wasn't in any real danger in that sense. Unfortunately, that conversation would force me to admit having some experience with ropes in the bedroom.

These boys using my daughter for their toy? That's a pot calling the kettle black, thinking back on my history with women. They seemed very respectful and cared about her from all I've seen thus far tonight.

My house becoming party central, in my absence? Yup, there we go.

Margret jumped from her seat and came over to hug me. Kneeling by my chair, she looked up at me with her beautiful eyes, just like her mom's. Her long lashes were damp with tears that had not fallen. "Dad, before you say anything, I'm sorry. I should have asked permission before coming over when you weren't here. Daddy, I'd like to introduce you to my boyfriends Gabe, Colton, and Vinny. Guys, I'd like you to meet my Dad, Riley Blackman."

Cuddler stood and approached me as I met him. "Sir, I'm Colton. It's an honor to finally meet you, though I'm betting all of us wish it wasn't like this." He met my eyes with an appropriate level of humility and respect. He didn't give me a limp wristed handshake when our hands clasped. It was firm, confident, and measured.

I nodded in recognition of his greeting. I did not say anything in response.

Snake-bites stood as well and also extended his hand. "Pleased to meet you, Sir. The name's Gabriel, but I'd prefer you to call me Gabe." I noted the back of his scarred knuckles when we shook. His pinkie finger did not bend enough to clasp my hand, but the rest of his fingers gripped mine tightly. I noted his palms were sweaty, a result of nervousness? He did not back down from the look I gave him as I acknowledged his greeting.