Chapter 17 -All present

A/N: Thank you for the continued support and kind words. Ya'll make my day by choosing to read my story. Thank you ever so much!

Carmen

"Steven! I'm so glad you changed your plans and came now." I rushed over greet the man who looked a little ashamed to be here. As I passed Aidan, I caught his hand in a quick squeeze. He returned it but dropped my hand quickly. I reached Steven and gave him a huge hug welcoming him to our home.

"Hey, Carmi. Sorry I got delayed. I was debating whether or not I would even come." I pulled back from the hug to look at the tall and quiet man. The serious and resigned look had his head dropped and his shoulders sloping in defeat. "I need to talk to you and your husband, soon."

I caught Aidan's eye. At his wide-eyed nod of agreement, I knew it was important. "Is it like a right now type soon or maybe this evening soon?"

"Umm, definitely this evening as it is not something I want to discuss in front of your kids." He shifted his weight uneasily, fidgeting as if he was unnerved with the topic of the conversation awaiting us.

"Sure thing. Did you see Ian and the kids on the way over?"

Aidan spoke up. "We waved as we went by but felt we needed to get to you so we could talk."

Marty looked at Steven and asked the question I was dying to ask. "Steven, are you ok, buddy? You look stressed out."

"Umm. I will be. You have a really amazing place." He hugged me tightly. "I'm sorry I didn't come with them earlier. Forgive me?"

"Aidan said you had stuff to do and would come out later. I am glad you're here, no matter when you arrived." I linked our arms and led him back to the fire ring and benches." We're just having a little down time before cooking out tonight."

The four of us made our way back to the waiting men, taking up the seating closest to the empty ring. I kicked a rock and heard the satisfying twang of it hitting the metal before bouncing off.

Aidan spoke first. "Sorry for freaking out like that, Carmen. I shouldn't have snapped at you and took off."

We were sitting on two benches beside one another, but on opposite ends. I reached across Riley and Marty to touch Aidan's arm. "There is nothing to forgive. I took it too far without you knowing some things about my relationship with Ian."

Riley interrupted, "About that, I think you need to explain because that exchange left me with more questions than answers." Tim and Nic grunted in agreement.

"It almost sounded like he was saying he was ok with you having another lover." Tim questioned me though there was a little hopefulness in his tone.

I looked around at the puzzled faces of the guys before cocking my head and shrugging. "He was."

Riley and Nic turned to each other with raised brows and wide eyes. Marty and Aidan looked at me as if I had sprouted two heads. Steven and Tim didn't say a word.

Aidan spluttered. "I beg your pardon, what the fuck did you just say? Ian said he wasn't upset, and he's been saying to do what you wanted. I wasn't thinking that was what he meant."

Marty nearly choked, coughing as if he inhaled spit. "When did he say he wanted you to have another lover?"

"Settle down. It's not that big a deal so don't freak out." I told them. "Ugh.Not how I wanted to have this conversation, ever." I flipped my hands over one another, wringing them a bit in nervousness. I shouldn't have any worries about telling these guys about anything, but this was rather huge.