Chapter 21 - Not interested

Paul

Why the fuck did Nic go and help her undress there on the banks?

I turned to Bradley beside me. "What... What the hell just happened?" We looked at the spectacle below in the water. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The three of them all over her like that and her moaning without the least bit of shame was disgusting.

Brad glance at me with sharp irritation. "I think she's finally getting what she wants. The question is what are you going to do?"

"Not a damn thing." I turned around and grabbed my shirt I'd tossed onto the grass. "It's not right, especially as she is still married. I don't care if that's what Ian wants for her, its wrong. If that's what she wants, I'm having no part in it. Please make my excuses."

Brad slapped his hand on my chest as I spun to leave, stopping me with the force. "Don't you dare leave like a fucking coward. She deserves better from you from all of us. I don't care what Riley said."

"Riley's down there and doesn't seem to care what she wants. He's always wanted her so he doesn't get to lecture me. She fucking left without a word, I'm just returning the favor. She doesn't need to reach out." I continued my pivot and with one final look, witnessed Steven and Tim moving closer to the foursome. I didn't need to see anymore. I was done with Carmen. I never would have guessed she would be some hussy to play games like this. Much less with us, we were her friends. Emphasis on were.

"Damn it!" I kicked the rocks in the driveway. I stumbled up the stairs in my race to the cabin door and wrenched it open. Reaching for the still unpacked case, I grabbed the keys to my car before taking one look around to make sure I left nothing behind. I forced myself to gently close the door behind me.

Looking up to the night sky, the tears in my eyes amplified the pinpricks of light, making them appear more numerous than before. I blinked quickly forcing the watershed before I brusquely wiped the moisture away. With a final curse toward the heavens, I hefted my bag over my shoulder, allowing the force hammering my back to propel me to my car.

After carelessly throwing the bag into the passenger seat, I slid into the driver's seat and slammed my hands down on the steering wheel. I turned the key with more force that was necessary before looking at the house once more. The sight in the water totally shattered the image I'd had of Bambi, no Carmen. We had all heard the rumors she was a slut, and I was sure they were wrong. I'm such a fucking fool for believing otherwise.

I mentally said farewell to Carmen and the friends I'd trusted for so long before putting the car into gear and pulling out of the drive. I turned right to head back to the highway, back to home, and away from her.

******

Brad

I watched as Paul struggled to contain his anger and disgust for Carmen allowing the guys to touch her. When he pushed past me, I could feel the years of heartbreak affecting him. We had all seen the damage his parents and most recently his ex-wife put him through.

I could see how his own hard-limits didn't allow him to consider any alternatives. While she was fucking hot, Carmen didn't play into my fantasies. I loved her as a friend, but its that damnable Cora that I have ALWAYS wanted. With Cora, no one ever approached her for fear of having their balls crushed along with the dreams.

I hesitated a moment, debating whether to follow Paul or swim. I noted the guys and Carmen had still worn underwear but with a figure like hers, it took no effort to imagine her without it. I wish Cora had joined us. Being here prompted me to focus on the casual touches Cora had allowed.

"Fuck." I muttered with a good deal of self-loathing. I wanted to see if something might be there, but I was being a little pussy about it.

Evan moved closer to me. "I take it Paul left. Think he'll be back?"