Chapter 30- Slipped Away

A/n I almost cried writing this because this song reminds me of my dad and I haven't heard it in a while :/

IMPORTANT! I might be on haiatus for the next week because I have three projects due then Friday, my birthday, I have yo drive to Arizona for my grandparents wedding. I'll try to wrote from my phone but I might now be able to

Chapter 30-Slipped Away

"W-what?" I stuttered.

Frank stared at me with a scared expression. "Wh-who are you? Who am I?"

"You really don't know who you are, Frank?" He shook his head no, still looking scared. My whole heart sank. I walked over and shook his father slowly. He looked at me tiredly and mumbled something. "Frank woke up," I whispered. He shot up. "He. He has amnesia I think."

His face fell but he slowly approached Frank. "Who-who are you?" Frank stuttered.

"My name is Frank Senior. I'm your father." He smiled sadly.

"My father? That means I'm Frank Junior, right?" The two of us nodded. "Who are you?" he asked turning to me. My eyes filled with tears.

"Ge-Gerard," I choked out. "My names Gerard."

He smiled softly. "Gerard. That's a cool name. Sounds old like an antique. Like a vampires name." I laughed and tears fell down my cheeks. "Why are you crying?"

"You're his-" Frank sr. started.

"Best friend," I interrupted. "We're best friends." Frank sr gave me a confused look.

"You seem too sad for us to be just best friends," Frank noticed. I let out a sob and ran from the room. A nurse stopped me ans asked if I was alright. "F-Frank Iero woke up. I think he has amnesia." The nurse smiled softly and let me go. I ran out into the rain again and called Mikey.

"Hello?" he answered, half asleep.

"M-mikes. Frank woke up."

"Thats great Gee!"

"He doesn't remember me," I whispered. "He has amnesia."

"I'll he right over," he said and hung up. I waited for Mikey and Andy and Sandra who would probably come too.

After a few minutes the three of them arrived as I suspected. I walked into the hospital and they all followed silently. We walked into Frank's room and the doctor was still there.

"Are these friends?" he asked Frank Sr. He nodded and the doctor turned back to Frank Jr. "Do you know any of these people?"

"Well Gerard was here when I woke up but. . . I think . . . Two of them. . . Were in. . . A band?"

Sandra smiled. "Yeah. Andy and I. I'm Sandra. That's Andy," she pointed and he waved, "and that's Mikey, Geard's brother," he gave a little wave now.

"Are these all my friends?" Frank asked. He sounded truley curious to know, not angry or disappointed there wasn't more.

"Yeah," Sandra said solomnly. "We're not the most liked group in school."

"Why? You guys seem really nice, what could you have done to them?"

"We did nothing. They don't like us because we're gay. All of us," Sandra cast her eyes down. "That's why your in here."

"They beat me up for being gay?" We all nodded. "That's stupid!" Frank turned to his dad and stared at him for a long time before speaking. "No offense if I get this wrong, but aren't you gay? I-I think I remember my mom making me live with you. Sh-she said us gay should live together."