Fallen Angels

They had finally decided to release a single for the new album, and CC had to admit he was excited. This would be the first song he'd officially been with the band for―it was something to be proud of. And from what few whipers he'd heard about the idea for the video, it was sure to be an epic introduction.

Andy, his director friend Patrick Fogarty, and his artist friend Richard Villa III had spent much of the last few days behind closed doors in Jinxx's apartment, which had become their temporary place of business while Jason Flom figured out how to get them into a recording studio. CC didn't mind, really―he liked Jinxx's apartment, and naturally he didn't mind the company. He'd gotten to know both Jake and Jinxx a lot better with Andy shut in the other room, and while he hoped he'd be able to get some one-on-one time with the singer to get to know him too, it had been nice just hanging out with Jake and Jinxx like they used to. It was a piece of familiarity, only furthered by the fact that they were finishing making revisions to music they'd initially written together. They'd done a lot of talking, laughing, and joking in the midst of those revisions, a welcome change from previous bands CC had tried to be in where he'd gotten nothing but the cold shoulder.

CC had even wondered a few times if the pair of guitarists were flirting with him. Some of the little things both of them had said, to him and to each other, had seemed indicative of the fact, but CC couldn't be sure. He'd never been great at judging when someone was into him, after all, as evidenced by his many failed relationships.

Who am I kidding? he scolded himself whenever that dangerous idea crossed his mind. You're probably just making shit up because they're hot. Focus on the music.

That was hard to do when he spent every few minutes questioning what a word or a look meant, but he did his best. Somehow, despite his internal confusion, he'd managed to learn a lot about the guitarists in the last few days, and it had been a rewarding experience. He'd learned that Jake loved animals and wanted to get a dog if he could ever get out of the Compound; that Jinxx played at least four instruments professionally and could figure out how to work many others after just a few minutes' instruction; that both guitarists could play equally as fast, but Jinxx had never really liked the pressure or the spotlight of being lead guitarist and was content to let Jake take the role; that Jinxx had been playing since he was five and Jake since he was ten. CC was endlessly fascinated by these little pieces of information, and the almost conspiratorial looks the guitarists exchanged whenever they mentioned things from their childhoods. CC didn't miss that more often than not one of them would reach for the other's hand while they talked, either. He found it rather cute, even if he was a little jealous―though of which one, he wasn't sure.

He supposed the guitarists had learned some things about him over the course of their conversations, too. He certainly hadn't been shy about revealing his extensive history with music, nor his enjoyment of a decent party or how much of a nerd he could be at times. He thought Jake and Jinxx had enjoyed hearing his anecdotes as much as he'd enjoyed hearing theirs, but he really wasn't sure. Everything was a little confusing regarding them. Still, CC felt like his friendship with both guitarists had only been strengthened by the last few days, which was a good thing in his opinion.

CC had spent less time with Ashley, though being in the same house day after day rehearsing had led him into a few interesting encounters with the bassist. He was flirty and flippant, and posessed a mindset that for all intents and purposes appeared to be "fuck everything and live life how you want to"―though CC wasn't sure he wanted to know if that "fuck everything" was literal or figurative. Knowing what he knew of Ashley, he wouldn't be surprised if it was both. He liked the bassist well enough, and thought the bassist returned the feeling, but CC knew it was less intense than his friendship with―attraction to, whispered the annoying voice in his head that belonged to his heart―Jake and Jinxx.