Rebels

Warped Tour had finished, and while Jake couldn't say he missed being stuck in a tour bus for hours upon hours at a time, he did kind of miss the excitement of it.

It was a relief to return home, of course, to the now-familiar comfort of Jinxx's place and the sense of safety and warmth about it―and the fact that they no longer had to go outside during the day relaxed Jake in a way he hadn't realized he'd been missing on tour. But the tour had been excitement, thrill, and more fun than everyday life by far―at least when they were playing.

That wasn't to say everyday life was bad. He had his boyfriends, after all, and they were constantly working on new music, though at the moment they'd hit a bit of a roadblock as far as what to do. There was always something to be done with them, even if that something was simply taking a break from life and cuddling on the couch. But it was all much more mundane than touring.

Or at least, it was until Andy proposed an idea.

He was upside-down on the couch―Jake wasn't even going to question why at this point, knowing he'd never get an answer―and they were all doing their own thing, content to just be near each other. Jinxx, predictably, was reading; Jake and CC were both on their phones. Jake was scrolling mindlessly through Twitter, letting Jinxx use his arm as a pillow, when Andy spoke up out of the blue.

"We should release an EP."

Jake looked down at the singer, a little startled. "Come again?"

"An EP," Andy repeated. "We should release one. Get 'Coffin' out into the world."

Jake exchanged a glance with CC across the upside-down singer, then with Jinxx. "'Coffin?'" Jinxx echoed. "Why 'Coffin'?"

Andy righted himself, flipping his hair out of his face as he sat up. "Because it's one of my favorite songs that we've written so far," he shrugged. "Because it didn't make it onto Set The World On Fire and I think the fans would like it. Because I'm tired of people telling us we need to find 'that' song to truly be 'making it' in their eyes, as if we give a fuck. And because I'm bored and want to release something new for the fans."

Those sounded like fair enough reasons to Jake, but there was one problem with his logic. "That's all well and good, Andy, but 'Coffin' is just one song. What else were you thinking of putting into an EP?"

"Covers," Andy shrugged. "We can select a couple of songs and do covers as part of the EP."

"That sounds pretty cool, actually," CC said.

"I agree," Jake said, leaning over to kiss Andy lightly. "Even if a bit random."

Andy ducked his head, and Jake knew if he could be blushing he would be. "I don't even know where the idea came from. It just...sounded like something fun to try."

"Well, if we're doing covers it will be," Jinxx said warmly. "What were you thinking we could cover?"

Andy shrugged again, smiling faintly at their obvious interest. "I don't know. Something by KISS, maybe, or one of the Mötley covers we've done live before. I was hoping that part would be a discussion."

CC kissed him this time, and Jake smiled. 

"I wouldn't mind doing something by KISS," Jinxx offered. "You're the biggest fan out of us, I think, but they've got good stuff."

Andy brightened. "So then the question is which song we do. I know pretty much their entire discography, but..."

They fell to contemplation, Jake absently running his fingers through Andy's hair. The younger vampire let out a quiet purr that brought smiles to all their faces; Jake was still slightly amused that they could purr, something he'd only discovered by accident when he'd been pressing kisses to Jinxx's throat barely a week ago and the other guitarist had let out that sound.