29

■●■●■●■●■●■●■●

Leo watched with apprehension as Glarald and the elves moved about the parlor. They moved the furniture out of the way while Glarald mixed ingredients in a small bowl. Once Glarald had finished, he poured the liquid that had been made into two goblets. The elves began to make a circle where they had made space and Glarald motioned for Leo and Mal to go to the center. Leo followed Mal and stood next to him. She looked around and saw that the elves had closed the circle around them with one spot open for Glarald. Glarald went to them and gave them the goblets.

"Drink until it is finished." He instructed.

They did as he asked. Leo was surprised that the liquid was sweet. So sweet that it was almost sickly so. She struggled to finish the last portion and finally handed Glarald her goblet when she was done. The after taste of it lingered in her mouth and she longed to drink water to wash it away.

" Mallelis. Hold her hands in yours. We will begin now." Glarald said as he stood in the circle and grabbed the hands of the elves on either side of him.

Mal turned to Leo and held his hands out to her. Leo didn't even think as she put her hands in his. The feeling of sparks shooting up her hands and arms began as soon as they touched. Leo began feeling tense as she watched the elves surrounding them close their eyes and begin to hum. She felt Mal squeeze her hands gently and she looked at him. His eyes held comfort and gentleness.

Do not fret. All will be well.

She nodded and tried to steady her breathing as the elves began an incantation.

"Care- sí atta feas er tenna i lú i te nave- necessarime ana thand." [ Make these two souls one until the deem it necessary to part] The elves said over and over.

Gradually, their voices rose and Leo felt a warm spot in her chest that got hotter as the elves continued the spell. Leo clenched her jaw as the heat in her chest became almost unbearable. Just as she thought she could not handle it any longer, the heat left her and seemingly exploded out of her like tiny sparks.

The very visible sparks flew up and out from both Leo and Mal. Then came down in a glittery shower over them. Leo watched in awe and met eyes with Mal. He looked equally impressed and gave her a small smile that she returned.

It was then that Leo realized that the elves had stopped with the incantation. She turned to face Glarald.

"You should have the celebration of your mating tonight. So that there is no doubt. Is that agreeable?" Glarald asked them both.

Leo nodded as Mal responded with " Aye."

Glarald gave a slight bow.

"Do not be concerned with the planning. We shall take care of it. First, we shall announce it to all." He looked at Mal to address him. " I will send Orrian to you when all is prepared." Then looked to Leo. " Aranel, you shall stay here with Tsarra and a few other elves that will help you prepare."

At his mention that they would be parted, Leo felt a jolt of panic shoot through her, and her heart clenched. It would essentially be the first time she would truly be without him for hours since Alpha Reece claimed his mate. She felt Mal squeeze her hand. The realization that they were still holding hands caused a blush to creep up her face. She gave him a small smile and let go of his hand sheepishly.

"I shall see you tonight." He promised as his eyes met hers.

Gratitude for him understanding her anxiety of being left alone flowed over her. Leo could not find words and nodded. Satisfied that she seemed less agitated, he left. His departure was followed by all the elves except for Tsarra and Orrian.

"Well, cousin. Had I not seen you two together, I would surely still believe that you both disliked one another." Tsarra said with curiosity.

Leo frowned as she regarded her.

"It is true we no longer harbor the same distaste for each other as before, but we have finally united towards a common goal." Leo explained.

Tsarra gave a look to Orrian before speaking

"Oh? And is this common goal love perchance?" Tsarra asked with interest.

"No, of course not. The attraction we share is merely due to the bond." Leo said with determination.

Orrian rolled his eyes and left while grumbling under his breath about females. Tsarra glanced to make sure he had left and then came closer to Leo.

"Good, he has left. Now tell me, cousin, how was the Master Shifter able to not take your maidenhood? I have never heard of a shifter controlling themselves around their mate to not complete the bond." Tsarra practically whispered.

"Tsarra!" Leo gasped in horror.

Tsarra laughed heartily as Leo turned a bright shade of red.

"I jest, Leo. I am curious, but that is not the most important matter at hand. Come, let us get you ready for the festivities." Tsarra said as she turned and left the room.

Leo followed after her, still recovering from her mortification.

Moments later, they entered a large room that now had a small table in the middle with many different fabrics draped around chairs. A large vanity with a mirror sat on one wall with many types of cosmetics. Leo tried to examine the items on the vanity closer, but Tsarra pulled her to the small table.

"Okay. Leave only your undergarments on." Tsarra told her as she called out for the other elves through the door.

Many female elves came rushing in and began moving around, working on different things. Some were mixing cosmetics and measuring them into smaller containers while others were grabbing fabrics. All of them passed Leo and touched her shoulder once while murmuring their congratulations on being mated. Tsarra came over to her after giving all the others tasks.

"Cousin! Why are you still dressed? Come, come. Make haste." She clucked her tongue at her.

Leo began undressing shyly until she only had her breasts binding and underwear. Tsarra looked at her and nodded as if making mental notes. She turned and yelled out to the other elves.

"Full set! Undergarments as well. Top made of spider silk and lower of regular silk!"

Leo looked around, confused but said nothing as the elves doubled their speed and efforts. At last, a few brought up what looked like five different colored pieces of cloth. They were the same except different colors. Blue, white, pink, purple, and green. Then more came over, holding the tiniest underwear she had ever seen along with what appeared to be a see-through breasts garment. Leo felt the color drain from her face as they laid it out for her and then left the room.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♡

A/N: Here we go 😉.