39

▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°

Leo opened the door to the elven quarters and was greeted by every elf on her way to Tsarra's room. She knocked once and opened the door. She let out a yelp of embarrassment and yelled out an apology. She quickly closed the door. Orrian was on top of Tsarra, and they were kissing. Orrian came out of the room first. He stuttered out an apology about being indecent and left as if his life depended on it.

Tsarra, on the other hand, came to the door still in her undergarments.

"Cousin! Come in, come in." Tsarra ushered her in before closing her door.

"I apologize, Tsarra. I had no idea that you were..um, busy." Leo said with a blush.

Tsarra laughed at her embarrassment and waved a hand.

"Do not apologize. He and I will have another opportunity. Tell me, what brings you here?"

Leo swallowed nervously and smiled awkwardly.

"Well, I had a couple of questions."

Tsarra turned to cloth herself as she spoke.

"Tell me, cousin."

"Have you heard of completing the bond through mind linking?" She asked hesitantly.

Tsarra turned and looked at her with something between confusion and amusement.

"Never. Why the question?"

"Well, Mal and I have been....sharing space in my mind for different training exercises, and I feel that I can hear his thoughts a bit now." Leo made her way to a lounge chair as she spoke to avoid eye contact.

"Hmmm. I suppose it is possible to establish a strong link with enough practice. Plus, you both already theoretically started the process to complete the bond with the mark. Perhaps that is why, but you need not fear, cousin. That will not complete the bond." Tsarra explained as she went to sit by Leo.

"That is the thing, Tsarra. I have been entertaining the notion that I would like to complete the bond." Leo said in a shy manner.

"Pardon??" Tsarra asked bewildered. "You jest?"

"I am not jesting." Leo told her as she looked at her.

"Holy shite! You are not!" Tsarra exclaimed.

Tsarra looked into her eyes for a moment before smiling gently at her.

"I understand. You have fallen in love with the Master Shifter. Leonna, if he is what you want, then make haste. Life is too short." Tsarra said as she put an arm around her.

Leo wasn't sure why it took two people to make her see what was plain all of a sudden. An overwhelming sense of longing overtook her. Tsarra and Emma were right. She did love him. She needed to see Mal and tell him how she felt. Leo stood and turned to Tsarra.

"Thank you, Tsarra. You have given me my courage. I must tell Mal." She said in a rush as she turned and left.

"Yes! You go get him!" Tsarra called after her.

She was running down and into the training grounds. Upon not seeing him there, she ran out into the main courtyard and was making her way to the pack house when she heard the sound of horns blowing. She froze and looked towards the gates. A large draft horse ran through and shifted into a large man. Everyone came running out into the courtyard. Several shifters brought the man clothes and helped him. He had a large gash on one of his legs. After he pulled pants on, he spoke.

"I bring ill tidings, brethren! The time has come! The cold ones move faster than anticipated. They are almost to the field." He called out before someone helped him to a healer.

All present started speaking to each other. Leo felt her heart leap to her throat. It felt too soon. She needed to tell Mal what was in her heart. She heard Mal call out her name and turned to see him approaching her. He pulled her into his embrace and inhaled her scent deeply before letting her go.

"We are called to the War Room at once. Let me address them, and we shall be on our way." He murmured in her ear.

He turned to face the crowd.

"Go to your quarters. We shall address you all after we meet." He called out before turning to Leo.

He didn't say anything as he grabbed Leo's hand and led her to the War Room. She struggled to keep up with him as he practically jogged into the Reece Pack House. They were on the stairs down when he whirled around, pressed her into the wall, and kissed her. The kiss took her by surprise, but all too soon, she gave into it. There was something about this kiss that was different. Sadness, fear, desire, regret, and something else. She wanted to give it the name passion, but it was more than that. Was it possible that it was love? Could Mal love her? He pulled away from her, and they both caught their breaths.

"Come, Leonna. We must speak with the leaders, and then you and I will speak privately." He murmured.

Leo could only nod. She was practically speechless from the kiss they shared. He turned and led her into the packed room. The room grew silent upon their approach. Leo watched as the elves at the table stood in respect for her. Then all the others followed suit. Leo got to her seat. She could feel Mal behind her. Ready to scoot her chair in.

"Please, sit." Leo said as Mal helped her with her chair.

Mal sat beside her. Glarald was the only one still standing. He looked at all of the people sitting, and when he looked at Leo, he gave a slight bow of his head.

"My friends, the time for war has come. women that have offspring will stay with their offspring and the elderly. Any able bodied is commanded to fight. Say your goodbyes, gather supplies, and meet at the front gate in one hour." Glarald finished speaking and began to make his way to the elves.

*******************

A/N: Just a FYI that I'll going back and fixing plot conflicts, grammar checks, and re-uploading the chapter pics that have mysteriously disappeared. So, if there's an earlier chapter that gets "published" that's why : ). Thanks and hope you've enjoyed reading!