(26) Hardest Course

Y/N POV:

Whoa..

It wasn't the first time I'd been in the training center, but today it felt especially huge.

Mina, Jiro and I walked side by side into the training center, practically holding hands 🤭

"Eee I'm excited!!" Mina said as she twirled around in a circle.

I stood and watched as she suddenly stopped and titled her head to the side, checking up on us. "What about you guys? How do you feel about it?"

Jiro took out her ear plugs for the first time and scratched the back of her head. "Yeah uhm I'm actually pretty excited.. Usually when we do activities in the training center, involving other classes we get the rest of the day off-"

I jumped up and shrieked. "Really?! Thank god!"

Mina's raccoon eyes glowed like a nightlight in the dark. I know that look.

"How about after school we have a sleepover at your house?!!" She said to me. Jiro shrugged. "Yeah that would be nice, I don't think any of us have ever even been to your house."

I awkwardly laughed as sweat trickled down my face. "Yeah, no.." Unfortunately, Mina didn't take no for an answer. She grabbed my hands and pleaded as she gave me her best version of puppy eyes. "Pleaseeeeeee!!!" I laughed awkwardly. "Sorry Mina, still a no.. Let's just say that my house is uh off limits.." She gave me a disappointing look.

"Well maybe we can just hang out instead? I think 8:00 should be good." Eeee this could be my first hang out with my new classmates!

"If you guys are down I'll ask Kirishima and Kaminari later." I winked while holding up a thumbs up at the both of them.

Mina shouted eagerly. "Count me in baes!" while Jiro just shrugged and wiped her bangs out of her face. "Sounds good to me."

Mina excitedly clapped her hands together. "Yay!! So it's settled!! Meet at Walter's, 8:00." I nodded my head. "Got it!"

As we made it to the other side of the obstacle course we were met by a buff yellow haired man with a rare grin and booming voice. We eagerly glanced at each other, recognizing him from tv.

IT WAS THE NUMBER 1 HERO ALL MIGHT!!

He had his hands at his hips, proudly looking down at us. So cool....

Girls from both class 1-A and 1-B squealed. "No way!!" "It's really him!" "A hottie if you ask me!"

I glanced over at Bakugo, remembering his All Might alarm and Pajamas.

He grunted in effort to hide his excitement, but his blood tainted eyes were a dead giveaway. They were practically glistening under the light that shined in from the training center windows.

Once both classes made it inside, All Might wasted no time and got straight down to business. My kinda guy.

He handed Mr. Aizawa a gray colored remote with one big red button on it. Shiny..

All Might cleared his throat, immediately catching everyone's attention. His grunt was even louder then Bakugo when he yells through a microphone. Who tf did he grow up with Zeus?!

Mr. Aizawa pushed the red button, which tore down the silver steel walls around us revealing the obstacle course. I nearly gawked at the sight of it. Holy shit it's bigger than I thought.

All Might refocused our attention back to him. "Listen up because I'm only going to say this once." We all stared intensely at him eagerly awaiting what he had to say.

"In order to successfully complete this obstacle course you have to go through 5 completely different phases in under 13 minutes."

Monoma, a mean and cocky blonde haired boy from class 1-B, our rival class, shouted out. "What kind of phases?!"

All Might smiled. "It's simple. First, you must do 20 hoop monkey bars-- using only one hand."

Everyone gasped and complained except for a few boys from the other class I didn't recognize. "What?! I barely have any upper body strength!" "Are you kidding me? I hate monkey bars!"

All Might ignored there complaints and continued. "Then, you must climb the 50 meter rope in the "Freight Frost" arena. After every 10 meters you climb, the weather gets colder and colder. Next, you'll have to push 200 pound weights across a track field. Fourth, you'll need to set down the weights on the silver benches and run a lap on the same track that will be set with booby traps and other deadly obstacles. The end of the course is secret, you will find out what the final task is once you reach it. Please keep in mind that this course, judged by me, Midnight and Eraser Head will be used to test your flexibility during different conditions and your overall physical skill. There are 4 groups. You will go 10 at a time, on different arenas, each group starting 5 minutes after the other.

The winner of the obstacle course is the first person who hits the end buzzer in each group. Whichever class overall has the fastest time will win a special prize from the school. So yes, second, third and fourth place do count!!

However, any quitters or others who cannot complete the course will be immediately expelled." He smiled. "So take this seriously and good luck kiddos!!" Everyone was jaw dropped.

"Oh and using your quirk is a no-go." He added, putting me in a permanent state of shock.

"WHAT?! NO QUIRKS?!" I knew I should have stayed home today! Fuckers are tryna kill me!

Mineta, the tiny perverted grape boy from my class hesitantly raised his hand. "C-Can we choose who we want to be w-with?" Midnight laughed as every girl within 10 meters of him took a step back-- including me. "Nope, sorry we'll be choosing them for you. Actually, I'll give you your group members now."

She made everyone line up in a single file line as she read the members from her check board. I practically dozed off until I heard her read a..familiar name.

The third group will be the group of "Katsuki Bakugou, Ejiro Kirishima, Tenya Lida, Momo Yaoyorozu, and Tsu Asui from Class 1-A. Against Jurota Shishita, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, Togaru Kamakiri, Reiko Yanagi, and Pony Tsunotori from Class 1-B." I'm not with Bakugo?

She went on. "Our final group will be the group of Itsuka Kendo, Setsuna Tokage, Ibara Shiozaki, Neito Monoma, and Juzo Honenuki from Class 1-B. Against L/n Y/n, Mina Ashido, Kyouka Jirou, Denki Kaminari and..drumroll please!!.."

I crossed my fingers and prayed. Please don't put me with Mineta, anyone else, just not him!!

...Minoru Mineta from Class 1-A!!" Shit! Are you kidding me?! I have to be with this creep?!

I shuddered as millions of possibilities ran through my head. Ew! Ew! Ew!