(78) Official Ranked Heroes

BAKUGO POV:

The next morning I woke up to Y/n's lips on mine. "Shit.." I groaned feeling the sourness of my legs as they tried to support the weight of my body. I checked the time. "1:45 pm..." 

I jolted up. "1:45 pm?! Y/n!" I tapped her side. "What..?" She groaned. "5 more minutes..." I threw off the covers. "We have to meet up with Midnight at 2! We're gonna be late!" She sat up on the bed. "Shit! There's no time for us both to get ready and take a shower!" I grabbed her wrist and led her into the bathroom. "We'll just take a shower together..hurry up!"

Y/N POV:

As we turned on the shower, letting the hot water run through our hair and steam cover our bodies I went into deep thought. Now that we've gone through so much...Denki.. Toga.. Mitsuki..and practically every girl at school..will we finally be together in peace?

Probably seeing my discomfort, he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and cuddled me tightly.  "What is it that has you so sidetracked, idiot?" As he spoke coolly, his eyes met mine and his raspy voice echoed off the bathroom walls, blending in with the sound of water rushing down from the shower head.  "I called your name six times..."

My vision refocused itself.  "..What? Hm...sorry, I was just thinking about something...  It doesn't matter anyway." I  leaned into his grasp, running my hand over his skin, tracing his veins. "Must have been something for you not to hear me, dumbass, so go on, tell me what it was?"

While he searched my eyes for an answer I turned off the shower and planted a light kiss on his lips, ignoring his bare body. "C'mon..we don't want to be late.." "But wait you never answered-!" He reached out for me but instead I dodged him, ran to go brush my teeth and darted into the bedroom. As he walked through the door I was already half-way ready. He sighed. "What do you think Midnight wants to talk to us about?" I gritted my teeth. "Gee..if you weren't doing that to me while I was on the phone..maybe I would know!" He chuckled. "Okay, good point, let's go." 

"One sec, I'm going to go check on Eri." I dashed into her room and stood over her while she layed down on mom's bed, just to make sure she was still asleep. So cute... With soft eyes I brushed her hair back and her eyes slowly opened. "Are..you going somewhere..?" I smiled. "Yeah, go back to sleep, we will be back soon."

Bakugo yelled from downstairs. "Y/n! Hurry up! Let's go!"

"Oh man.. that's my cue. Bye-" Just as I was leaving, small hands clasped around my wrist. "Is brother back to normal..? I heard a lot of clapping in his room yesterday.." My eyes widened and sweat fell down my face. "I-I uh- y-yeah! He's back to n-normal...No need to worry..W-We'll be back.." I tripped on my way out the door. Clapping?!

I ran down the stairs, slid on my shoes and headed out the door.

Bakugo waited for me on the porch. "Climb on my back. I'm your transportation today." I smiled and happily jumped on his back. "It's about time you carried me again!"

Thank god it worked...my man's back to normal..

-15 minutes later

BAKUGO POV: 

We ran into the Hero Building HeadQuarters, shouting our names to the secretaries up front while we dashed up the stairs to Midnight's Office-- losing our momentum after every flight of stairs. Y/n gasped. "W-Who in their right minds d-decides to have their office..on the 13th floor..." I nodded in agreement. "When..I become n-number 1 hero..I'll have my office on the 1st floor.."

As we climbed up the last step we saw the name "Midnight" plastered on the first door to the left in big, capital, gold letters. Y/n turns the knob and we do our best to look like we didn't just finish running a marathon. "S-Sorry we're late, there were some..holdups."

Midnight looked us up and down. "I was beginning to think you wouldn't show. I'm glad you two did." She gestured her hand forwards. "Go on, sit down, we're not strangers ya know." 

Y/n fidgeted with her fingers. "I know...but what are we here for?! Are we in trouble?! Because I swear everything I'm being accused of is a lie and I-" "Ms. L/n. Calm down, you're not in trouble..actually on the contrary you two are to be rewarded." 

I shared a confused glance with Y/n. "For what?" She laughed aloud. "For what?! You guys just saved countless lives from the L.O.V. successfully killing the main heads of that organization! Every single hero has been on their case for years..and you two were the first to get them!" 

Our eyes widened in shock of the situation. "In other words...we are recruiting the both of you to be officially ranked heroes." I blasted an explosion in my hand. "ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!? HOLY SHIT!" Y/n pinched me. "Language." "I KNOW, SORRY OR WHATEVER BUT..I ACCEPT." Midnight smirked.. "that's not even the best part. In a few weeks the Hero Agency will hold a ceremony for the two of you for being the youngest officially ranked heroes in History, and for being as brave and courageous as you two were on that night. Can't say I'm surprised."

Y/n smiled. "So what number hero are we?" "According to the level of difficulty...Bakugo is rank 8, and you are rank 9. If the both of you work hard I'm sure you can go higher in the ranks."

Y/n gasped. "THAT HIGH ALREADY?! LESSS GOOOO. Soon I'll be #1!" 

I scoffed. "Sorry bae, but the #1 hero will be me. I'm closer than you to becoming #1 anyways!" She smirked and her eyes glowed in the sunlight. 

"Alright Katsu, we'll see about that."