(74) Mourn n' Move On

Y/N POV:

When I jerked my head to the side, I saw Bakugo about to be hit by Overhaul's quirk. No...he'll be dead if he gets hit with that! I tried to rush to his aid, but then suddenly I felt a blade sink into my rib cage. Toga chuckled as she licked the blood off her knife. "Never turn your back on your opponent!" "AGH!" I screamed in agony as a gash opened up at my ribs. No..I won't let that stop me..! Ignoring the pool of blood that surrounded me, I blasted her away with my wind quirk, all while looking for Bakugo in the cloud of smoke. 

"No, don't tell me... No..! THAT BASTARD!"

As my necklace lit up and I charged Overhaul in rage, all my quirks released themselves at once, and Overhaul collapsed to the floor before he could counter my attack.

My mind was still on one thing and one thing only–Bakugou. Was he all right? Did he manage to avoid the shot? Tears streamed down my cheeks as I crawled towards Bakugo's direction, ignoring the burn in my ribs. "I have to...get to him..." I forced myself to stand, but after only a few steps, I gasped for air as my hands gripped my chest and I collapsed to the ground. 

When the smoke cleared, it wasn't Bakugo who had been hit...it was Mitsuki.

Bakugo's body trembled and Mitsuki lay almost lifeless on the floor, and my eyes widened. "Mom!" She looked up at the sky and cried softly. "See? As long as I'm here no one can hurt you.." Bakugo's tasteless tears poured out from his eyes..like nothing I've ever seen.

Mitsuki laughed, "I'm glad..I'm leaving the world like this..and not in some other lame way.." Bakugo cried. "You're not leaving.. the ambulance is already on its way, you'll be just fine.." Mitsuki laughed. "Are you trying to convince me or yourself? I can feel that I'm gonna die ya know.." Bakugo screamed. "Shut up! This is not funny mom..!"

"Mom.." She smiled. "It sounds sweet when you call me that.." Bakugo tried to protest but she shushed him. "When I'm gone, make sure you're nice to each other, do all the chores, don't cause trouble in school...and become the best heroes that you can be okay?" She put a hand on each of our cheeks. "I'm sad I won't be able to meet my grand-kids..but I'm glad I got to see Eri..one more time.. Take care of her alright? I'll be watching you all from above..I love you..."

"I love y-" I started to say but stopped when I realized she had already left this world. Her eyes fluttered shut, and her heartbeat ceased. "I'm glad I was able to call you my mother..."

Bakugo, still in denial, tapped her harshly, ignoring the blood on the floor from her fingertips. "Mom? Mom?! Can you hear me?! Wake up, Mom!!" He repeatedly pumped her chest with his hands, attempting to restore her heartbeat. "Please don't...leave me.."

I clenched my fists. "She's gone, Katsuki.." And no amount of screaming, pleading or crying would ever bring her back. He fell to his knees. "No, she can't be..she just can't be.." 

The scream that ripped from him was pure anguish in its finest form. 

I reached for my phone to call 911 while he cried. "I should've been quicker to say I love you..to her.. I should have said it more often.. I just should have.. And now it's too late..." A lump formed in his throat. "Y/n help me.." He cried into my arms burying his face in the crook of my neck. "What do I do..it hurts..what do I do...Y/n..?" I wiped the dirt off my face. "I-I don't know.."

He broke into a crying wreck and continued screaming out, caressing her lifeless body until his voice was hoarse. I got up, limping in Eri's direction, forcing myself to stay strong. "I'm sorry you had to see all of that..don't worry, we're good people.. I won't hurt you.." She hesitated. "No..don't touch me..! I don't wanna accidentally kill anybody else..!"